{1} Dark Ashes

^Above is the first ever cover I made for this book^
Re-edited | 25.12.16
***

THE sunshine beams down on my light tanned skin, reflecting on my rosy eyes. My finger nails taps to the beat of the music as I hear my friends talk around me.

"Girl," I look up at Stacey, my best friend. "Are you going?"

"To where?" I take off my Gucci sunglasses and place them into my Prada bag.

Stacey sighs. "To Ash's birthday."

"Oh that." I say and roll my eyes. "Depends if I'm busy. "

"You mean, depends if your Dad needs you." Stacey scolds and I laugh, throwing my head back in amusement.

"Girl, Dad is still in jail so of course I need to help him." I explain and Stacey pats my knee sympathetically but I roll my eyes again.

"Of course. But you're still going to the party." She decides for me and pulls me up. Stacey has beautiful brown hair that bounced on her shoulder when she turns her head side to side. She has hazel eyes that always glimmers with mischief whenever she seen someone, it's how we became such good friends.

"Whatever."

I roll my eyes as we walk back to my car, a beautiful white convertible. We drive back to school for our next lessons and I park in my private parking space. The bell goes soon after we enter the school and walk toward Science, the hallway emptying out after a few minutes.

"Quickly girls." Mrs Daisy says and we hurry to the middle desk, where my group of friends sit.

"Hi Elle." Some girls say as I walk past them and I wave carelessly.

"Elle!" Alex shouts and I hurry to the table with Stacey following behind.

"Hi Alex." I say and plant a kiss on his cheek. Alex is my boyfriend. The only person I've dated for nearly over a month. He is my everything and I am his. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him while I greet everyone else.

"Hi Elle." He says and opens up my seat so I sit down. There are about 7 of us in my group: Stacey and Alex. Lou and Bryce. Alison and Travis.

"So did you hear about Ash's birthday?" Stacey asks and everyone joins in the conversation. I ignore them and day dream in my world when someone finger twines through mine. I look up and Alex grins so I grin back.

"What?" I ask, smiling.

"You look beautiful today." He replies and I laugh.

"You tell me that everyday."

"I'll carry on saying that." He winks at me and I laugh as I lean to kiss him. Our lips blending into each other's as Alex's hands caressing my waist and my fingers run through his rough hair.

"Guys, please. I'm too young for this amount of PDA." Lou moans and we break apart, laughing. I lay my head on Alex's shoulder and he wraps an arm around my waist.

"Okay class, today we will learn about the human reproduction cycle." Mrs Daisy says and write it on the whiteboard.

"Elle, Alex, listen carefully." Bryce snickers and I blush deeply as Alex laughs. Stacey catches my blush and winks at me as Alex's arm brings me closer to him.

"Bryce?" Mrs Daisy calls and he looks up. "Want to explain how it works?"

He gapes at her and we all laugh as he shuffles out his seat and towards the board. Suddenly there is a knock on the door and we all look to see who it is. Amy, the office assistant, beckons me to come and I nod, grabbing my bag and books.