how to make a baby : attempt ten

This is the last chapter, then an epilogue, pls comment through out, ty for reading

-

Luke sat at his work desk, grading some of the art books for his class, his laptop playing a playlist of songs from his Spotify, while a cup of coffee sat next to it, slowly cooling down and going cold. Luke was too preoccupied with the work in front of him so when his phone rang loudly he flinched and picked up the iPhone. He saw Michael was calling him so he answered it, pressing it to his ear as his other hand continued writing. "Yes Mr Hood?"

Michael giggled, "I love that,"

Luke laughed, "what's up?"

"Okay so I'm gonna tell you something and I don't know how everyone is gonna react to it later--especially Ashton." Michael said.

"Just tell me." Luke sighed, putting down his pen, he already had an idea of what Michael was going to say. It was something Michael had always wanted.

"I'm pregnant," Michael said a little distressed, "and I think I should tell you before I tell Ashton. I know he's gonna be upset because you've been trying for so long and I feel so bad for you guys but I'm so happy too because me and Cal are having our baby and I don't want Ash--"

"Mike shush." Luke said softly, "it's okay."

"It's not, it's really not, you and Ashton have been married for what? Nearly ten years now and you've been trying for a baby for three years and it's not happened and then me and Cal do it a couple of times on our honeymoon and we did it. How is that okay? It's not fair!"

Luke ran his hand through his hair, "I know it's not fair Mike, I'll tell Ashton tonight okay? I don't want him to hit you or something."

Michael huffed, "I'm sorry." He whined softly, "I just wish you and Ash could have your babies."

Luke hummed, "me too buddy, it's just taking a while."

"But Ashton's miscarried so many times, you try your best and then that happens." Luke heard Michael sniffle making him frown.

"Oh Mike don't cry, it's okay, it'll happen for me and Ash soon." Luke said, though he was losing hope, the last nine or so months have been constant let downs after each test and Luke didn't know if he could deal with that again. "Just be happy okay? You're having a baby mike!"

Michael laughed softly, wiping at his eyes and smiling, "I love you Luke, I hope you get your little baby soon."

"Me too, I love you more Mike." Luke smiled before adding, "I'm doing some work, I'll text you how everything goes okay?"

"Okay, thank you," Michael sighed before they hung up. Luke huffed and put his phone down, wiping at his face before he started to put his stuff in his bag, he picked up his students art books and put them in the cupboard for the next lesson.

He grabbed his bag and put his laptop away, then turning off the lights as he left. He drove home, grabbing a Chinese take away on the way before he got to his front door. He let himself inside, wondering how to tell Ashton about a baby Michael and Calum running around one day.

"Luke!" He heard Ashton yell, making him smile softly. "Is that food I smell?"

The door to the living room opened and Ashton stood in his sweats and Luke's large college hoody, the sleeves going past his hands, making sweater paws. Ashton took the bag of food, "oh Chinese, yay"

Luke followed Ashton to the kitchen, putting his bag down on the table before he hugged Ashton, "missed you,"

Ashton smiled, "missed you too, I nearly fell down the stairs today, my last words to you would've been, don't let your students eye fuck you." He laughed softly making Luke sigh fondly. "You okay?"