Wrong Dream Come True

"I use my laser hand to cauterize the bite" Peter said. I squinted my eyes at him, "are you sure, you have very little control over your powers" I said. he threw his head back and sighed, "yes i'm sure, it's either that or turn, and I don't want to be a zombie" he said. "all right, you put your hand your shoulder, but release too much energy, the laser goes thru your shoulder, and in to the jets fuel, you and Casey explode, good job" I said, peter slammed his head on the table, "Ugh" he shouted. He didn't complain because i gave him every chance to do something else, and he did this anyway and not only got him, but his partner killed. It was lunch now, and we had brought this Scenario to full lock and load, it was ones like this that would last days and make multiple sub-plot scenarios. A dull, gray kid shambled over to the table we were sitting at. "Come on, killed me too" Casey said. the gray kid grabbed his shoulder and made to bite him, but Casey stabbed his plastic spork into the kids eye, then slammed his head into our table. He sat down. "I knew I shouldn't have gone with Peter" he said. the group looked at him intently, "Casey, what the hell, you just killed that guy" Toby said, "No, I just killed that Zombie, you haven't notice the dead were rising around us" he said. I looked around and sure enough, hell had broken loose in our high school. "Casey, why the hell haven't you told us yet?" I asked, "Because I was sucked into the story, I didn't want it to end" he said. We all looked at him, but before we could, the announcements came on. "All right, the military has locked us down, we can't move, Try too find a safe place and bunker down, lets sta..." the thing was cut off. I stood up and put on my best leader face, "to the library, a lot of people have already got to be there" i said. the team stood up and made our way to the library.

the library doors were locked, Casey was pushing on them while we stood there looking into each direction. "Come on, we're humans" Casey yelled. "So were they" a small voice spoke out, one i recognized but couldn't tell from where. "we were not bit" Casey said, he had stopped pushing, "I, I can't be sure" she said, she sounded like she was going to cry. I spoke up, "please, if we come in, we might survive, if we stay out here, we will likely die" I said. She stayed silent for a while, Then she opened the door. We walked in and helped her lock the door again, she had piled up tables and desks against the doors.

She checked us, thoroughly, for bite marks, then let us sit down, It wasn't until I was sitting that i recognized her, she was a girl in my science class, we spoke occasionally, but weren't too close. I took a head count then.

"Toby"

"Here"

"Dakota"

"Here"

"Casey"

"Yo"

"Peter"

"Here"

"Mitchel"

"..."

"Mitch" i called again, he wasn't in the library, then i remembered. he had left to go to the bath room.