Realization

Sara put her hands on Mitchell's chest. She pressed repeatedly but Peter pushed her off, "Abby, is more suited to this then you are, give her a shot" he said. I had gotten Mitch back to the Library, he needed medical attention. we wrapped his head tight, but he started to slow his breath, his heart had stopped beating, Abby pushed once.

nothing.

pushed twice.

nothing

pushed three times

nothing

pushed a fourth

He inhaled deeply, and sat up, his eyes were wide and his mouth agape. He stood up, which I would not condone of anyone who had gotten shot in the head if the circumstances weren't so critical, Zombies were every were, the Safe-zone had fallen. He walked right up to Sara.

They kissed. it was their first kiss and it might have been their last. Sara was surprised at first, but she started kissing him back. Their embrace lasted for a while, but he finally let her go, he looked at me, "we, need to go" he slurred, he was still in pain, i could tell.

We ran to the door, the only exit we knew of, it was still sealed tight. Me and Peter started pulling on the doors. we weren't going to make it.

"Come on, Let's talk guys" I said, I didn't want their minds on the facts. Zombies were approaching us, but Toby and Casey went to the front line, Mitch tried to follow, but Sara held him back. The started hacking at Zombies that tried to eat us. "what's the best part about the end of school?" I asked, trying to pull the door open.

"No more stupid teachers" Dakota had said. he always found it hard to comprehend what teachers were trying to tell him, he wasn't dumb by any stretch of the imagination, but he found words hard to listen to sometimes.

"Spending more time with you guys" Toby said, with a sad heart, he missed his family, his younger brothers.

"All the ladies think of us as heroes" Casey said, slashing a Zombie brain open.

"I found true love" peter said, we all knew that would be his.

Alexander remained silent.

"I got to meet you guys" Matt said, still sounding sorry, He rushed the front lines and started helping Toby and Casey. For each of them that they killed, two more took it's place.

"I'm with peter" Abby said, as we all knew she would.

"no more idiots cutting in front of us at lunch" Mitch said. I chuckled

"but then, that's the only way to get lunch" I said.

Alexander spoke up, "I'm sorry" he said. He raised his sleeve revealing a bite. then he ran into the horde. Matt chased him in to save him, but was soon taken out. this broke our lines. Abby wanted to follow Matt after Alexander, But peter held her still. They were closing on us.

the doors swung open and automatic fire from sub-machine guns filled the hallway above our heads.

"come on, people, let's go" a man said from behind us, he wore paintball armor and held two sub-machine guns. "are you dumb, the military locked this place down, Zombies will get out" I said. But the man shook his head. "naw, man, Zombies are everywhere" he said. the paintball mask muffling his voice. We followed him to a bus, he hopped on the protruding bumper on the back.

"one of you drive, and you, mount the chain gun in the back" he said, pointing at me. we followed his instructions and hopped into the bus. Toby took the wheel and I ran to the back door. It had a mini gun attached to It, I opened the door and sat down at the gun. The masked man beside him.

"Open Fire" he yelled.

We opened fire as the Zombies approached us from all sides. they were to fast, Toby started driving but one of them grabbed the man's leg and pulled him down. We kept on driving, his bullets flying to the sky as he struggled against the Zombies, but he soon was dead.

I continued to fire into the crowed as we zoomed away.