Chapter Three

Mika stared at the doors of music room three.  She was excited, but also nervous.  She couldn't wait to see the host club again, but she knew what a host club was, and that meant communing.  But she walked in anyways.  The first thing that welcomed her was a rose petal slap to the face.  Then, she heard the voices of the host club members ring out as they welcomed her in unison.  She smiled in their direction, immediately being approached by Tamaki.  "Well hello darling."  He grabbed her hand.  She awkwardly pulled away, and shrunk down some.  He looked hurt, which made her sort of guilty, but she just couldn't handle that.  She didn't like people touching her.  "Hey Mika.  How's it going?"  Hikaru asked.  She shrugged.  It wasn't particularly bad, or good.  It was just fine.  She then walked up to everyone, Tamaki had now gotten over his sadness of being ignored, and joined everyone else.  Then, the twins gave a smirk, which made her worry, and a little defensive about what they were going to do.
  "So before you got here-"  "We talked about you a little bit."  The twins inquired.  She raised her eyebrows.  "What about?"  She asked.  Tamaki smiled widely, and looked excited about something.  "We decided that we like you, so you're going to work here."  Tamaki cheered.  She stared in awe.  She didn't have the time, or did she?  She had school, to keep her scholarship she had to stay near the top of the class.  She had her job, she was an overnight Janitor for Villa Rose, the hotel.  And she had to take care of Gabe, her dog.  But she couldn't let them down either.  Not when they could quite possibly be her first friends at Ouran.  "Work?  Doing what?"  She asked.  She didn't want to say no.  But in her mind, she was still trying to find the time.  "Well.  You'd pretty much have Haruhi's old job.  You'd be the host club's dog!"  He said it happily, as if it was a complement to be a dog.  But she simply nodded.  "Really?"  Honey asked, his eyes sparkling with excitement.  "Sure.  As long as it doesn't take up too much time I think I can manage it."  She was sort of curious.  How is it that her entire life the popular people in her schools treated her like the dirt they walked on, and suddenly she comes to this school, and it all changes.  She was a commoner, or at least that was the rich person point of view.  If anything this should have lowered her popularity and social status.  But these most liked boys in the entire high school were offering to let her intrude on their life.  It was weird in her eyes, and it would have been in anyone else too.  But then her mind crossed over a thought that brought a smirk to her own face.  'If only the assholes from my old schools could see this.'  And she stepped closer to her friends.

     She was having fun working with the Host club.  Being their dog wasn't that bad, and they didn't call her that anymore either, so that was a plus.  And she didn't really have to talk much to people she didn't know, although one of Tamaki's clients, Marianne, had taken a liking to her.  They talked a lot on her breaks, and had become close friends.  "So if I could ask..."  She started, seeing if Mika was fine with answering a question.  "Yeah?"  She looked at Marianne out of the corner of her eye, and put down the cup of coffee.  "How come you never wear the girls uniform?"  She asked.  Even though she already knew what she was wearing, she looked down at her outfit.  She had on a light blue dress shirt that was cheap -and originally meant for a guy, but it fit her-, but it was covered by a sweater, that was a little too big, and had bunny ears on the hood.  She also wore loose fitting skinny jeans, topped off with blue high tops.  She laughed and looked back at her friend, who was curiously staring back at her, pushing a few strands of her strawberry blonde hair out of her eyes.  "I just don't like dresses.  Although even if I did I don't think I'd wear it."  Marianne got a little closer, "That was my original question.  Why don't you like the dresses?"  She asked again, sounding a bit impatient, but not much.  "Because it looks like a daisy threw up on a marshmellow."  That response caused Marianne to giggle.  "Yeah, I get where you're coming from.  I don't like them much either, but my parents make me wear them."  She said.  Mika looked up at Marianne.  She silently wished that she had parents to force her to wear that puffy yellow dress.  In her opinion, the ugliest article of clothing known to man.  She would wear it every day just for them to come back to her.  But that could never happen.  So she hid her sadness with a smile.  "My break's over."  And she got up, and started clearing the plated and cups.  "Hey Mika."  Tamaki called.  She looked back at him, her smile still painted on her face.  "There's a host club meeting after hosting hours are over.  You think you can make it?"  He asked.  She nodded.  She didn't work until seven most nights.  He flashed her his princely smile, making his fangirls -including Marianne-  squealed with excitement.  But Mika just turned back to her job.
Time went by fast for the host club.  Only Tamaki and Kyoya knew why Tamaki was holding the meeting.  They were excited to share the news, and everyone else was excited to hear it.  Except Mika, who didn't look like she cared much.  But nevertheless she went to the meeting.  "So I'm sure you guys are all wondering why I have gathered you all today."  Mika laughed at his statement.  "How long have you been waiting to say that?"  She asked.  He gave an unimpressed look, but continued with his news.  "Mika, we have decided to make you the host club's very first hostess!"  He cheered.  She looked at them with a sort of are-you-kidding look.  "You can't honestly be serious."  She responded.  Tamaki looked hurt.  "I thought that you'd be honoured."  He said.  She rolled her eyes.  "Then why didn't Haruhi get the choice of hostess?"  Mika accused.  Everyone gasped, a shocked look on each of their faces.  "How did you know?"  They questioned.  "Well it's obvious.  I mean, I couldn't tell at first because I hadn't really payed any attention to it.  But once I started working with her I could tell."  She explained.  That's when it clicked for Haruhi.  "Hey why didn't I get that option?  You said that I had to keep my identity of being a guy so that I could pay off my debt sooner.  Why couldn't I have been a hostess?"  Her face grew red.  Mika chuckled at Tamaki, who now had a guilty expression on his usually meant-to-be-charming face.  "Well... because.  Because I just thought of it yesterday and if everyone in school found out now that you were a girl they would probably hate you."  He explained.  Mika nodded.  "Yeah that's probably true.  Especially all of your fangirls.  They'd be super mad that they've had a crush on a girl all this time."  Haruhi's face slowly went back to its original colour.  "Exactly.  But because everyone already knows that Mika is a girl, she won't be hated by everyone."  Tamaki frantically tried to calm Haruhi down.  She slumped back down into her seat and sighed, muttering something about spoiled rich kids.  He ignored her annoyance and turned back to an impatient Mika.  "So, how about it?  Do you want to be a hostess?"  He got really close to her, causing her face to heat up.  She pushed her head as far into the sofa as she could get.  "Sure.  Just please back off a little."  She begged.  Her eyes looked sort of scared.  He moved away smiling, but unable to hide the concern in his eyes.  "Okay then.  You'll start tomorrow!  But first, we need to update your wardrobe."  He said gesturing towards her outfit.  Her ice blue eyes hardened, and a wave of devensive feelings rushed towards her.  "No."  She stated plainly, and walked away.  She grabbed her backpack off of the chair near the door, pushed some of her pastel pink hair out of her face, and left.  But she faintly heard the voices of the twins laughing.  "Haha.  Did you hear that boss?  You've been told."  Mika smirked to herself as she walked the corridor.