Chapter Eight

Mika stood on Tamaki's porch, waiting impatiently for the host club to get out. Of coarse they insisted on walking her home, but that was before it was actually morning, and they realised they would have to get up at seven in the morning. "You know I will die eventually right?" She yelled into the house. "Just hold on a second." Hikaru yelled back from the kitchen, pulling along a half asleep Kaoru. "Gosh Kaoru snap out of it." He muttered pushing him out the front door. I put my hand out, stopping him from falling down the stairs. But he still slammed hard into my arm, and jolted awake quickly turning back to Hikaru. "Jeez you didn't have to be so aggressive." Hikaru simply rolled his eyes and looked back inside as the rest of the host club came walking out of the house one by one. "Great. Everyone here?" Mika asked already walking down the steps. "Yeah." Tamaki answered back, following her. "Good. Off to my house then." She began walking. The host club caught up and walked after her, talking to themselves as they followed with every turn she took. But it was quite a long walk for some of them, mainly the twins. Actually only the twins. "Gosh you live so far away. Why couldn't we just take a car?" Hikaru complained. "Because we can't!" Mika snapped quickly, looking over to him. "Gosh fine then." He said. She rolled her eyes. She didn't plan on ever needing to be in any time of moterized transportation ever again. Finally, they got to her apartment. It wasn't Japanese style at all, in fact she wanted to make it as homey for herself as possible. The door was painted a bright purple, and when she opened it, the host club saw just how different it was. The walls in the living room were orange, and she had darker orange trimming. She had a huge flat screen TV, and facing that was lime green fake leather couch. In between the couch and the TV, which was mounted on the wall with shelves on either side, was a glass coffee table. It had a camera that would be used to take pictures professionally, and a pink, and a blue ps3 controller on it. The shelf to the left of the TV had a ps3, and a ps4 on it, as well as two more controllers, one white, and one black, these ones for the ps4. The other shelf had more games than you could count. It looked like she had spent her entire life savings on it. The host club stared in amazement at it. And while they were distracted by that, they didn't even notice that Gabe had now pounced on Mika. She giggled as she pet the dog, now sitting on the floor. "You have a dog?" Hikaru asked. Everyone then looked over to Mika as she pat Gabe. "Yeah. Everyone, this is Gabe." She picked him up, struggling a bit under his weight, but managing to get him up. Everyone gushed over him, and somehow during that Tamaki picked him out of her arms. She just awkwardly leaned against the wall between the living room and the entrance. "Okay well thanks for walking me home. I'll see you tomorrow at school." She said, interrupting them as they talked to Gabe. But just then, a knock sounded at the door. Mika looked over to it confused. "Who's that?" Tamaki asked. Mika shrugged. "I don't know. It's weird though I don't usually have guests." Mika reached for the door handle, and opened the door. He eyes widened even more as a boy jumped into a hug immediately. "Leo?" She asked, hugging him back. "Mika. How's it going?" He asked letting her go. She just stared at him. "It's Umn... It's fine. What're you. What're you doing here?" She asked. He shrugged. "It's wanted to surprise you. Who are they." He gestured towards the not-so-suttle host club leaning into their conversation. "Those are my friends." She said, moving aside to let him into the apartment. "Does this mean we don't have to leave?" Tamaki asked. Mika shook her head. "Fine you can stay too." She said, leading Leo to the couch. Everyone sat in the living room, and Mika introduced Leo to everyone. That's when they began asking questions. What was Mika like when she was in middle school? How'd they meet? Why'd she leave? That one he didn't answer though. In fact when they got to that question he just got silent and looked down. "I really shouldn't say. If she didn't tell you then I shouldn't." He said. That's when Mika butted in. "No its fine, I'll tell them." She said, looking at the host club. "Well I moved because I had gotten accepted into Ouran. I wasn't planning on actually going anymore by that time, but the police said that I couldn't live in my house anymore, and the entire town pretty much knew what had happened to me. I just needed a fresh start." She explained. "What happened to you?" Tamaki asked. Mika looked up, attempting to keep her face as happy as possible, and said, "I was almost murdered by my father." She said. That's when they all got empathetic faces. "No! Don't get all pitiful and sad. I'm fine so stop that!" She yelled. They all tried their best to fix their faces, and smiled half hearted. "Yeah. That's why I didn't tell you. Because them you'd look like that." She said grumpy. "Sorry we'll stop." Tamaki said. Mika just rolled her eyes and changed the subject.