Chapter Thirteen

Kaoru sat next to Mika on her couch, Gabe was on his lap. He now took over Haruhi's job of taking care of her, although Mika could now handle her morning routine on her own.

Kaoru would pick her up for school, and come back with her as well. And even though she had gotten a lot more independent, she didn't mind the help. Especially if it was from Kaoru. But this sadness and tiredness thing still hadn't gone away, and the other hosts were starting to notice it as well. So Kaoru planned to confront her about it.

The movie they were watching had finally ended, so Kaoru slid a bit closer to Mika, and wrapped his arms around her shoulders,pulling her into a hug. She relaxed into the hug, and wrapped her own arms around his waist.

"Hey Mika I have an idea. How about we play truth or dare?" He asked. Mika looked at him confused.

"Why do you want to play that? Isn't that a sleepover game?" She asked back, looking up at him. He shrugged at that.

Mika sighed. "Well okay then I guess. You want to go first?" Kaoru nodded. "Truth or dare?" Mika thought about it for a moment, then settled for truth.

"What happened with you and your father?" Mika froze, almost paralyzed. Her mind stopped for a second. Kaoru noticed this immediately and squeezed her tight. "Sorry Mika you don't have to answer. I was just curious,you never elaborated on that." He said, trying to frantically calm her down. She shook her head a bit, and looked sadly at Kaoru.

"No it's fine. I'll tell you if you want to know.

We weren't a perfect family. My mother was unemployed, my dad was a drunk, and a construction worker. He brought the smell of alcohol home with him every day. He would completely ignore me, and he was perverted and rude to my mother. He used her as his toy, and when I was born from that he decided to pretend I didn't exist. But one day my mother didn't come home from the grocery store. And she wasn't home when my father came home either. So instead of spurting his gross controlling crap to my mother, he stared at me for a few moments. Just when he walked in the door he yelled my mother's name and when nothing moved, that's what he did. For about ten minutes. Then he walked by me, and on his way by pushed me as hard as he could.

The next day we found out my mom died. She was hit by a car. So he then used me as his toy. He never went that far, just saying perverted things, groping, and more abuse than anything. But one day he... I don't know, snapped I guess. He got home, a fishers knife in his hand, and pushed me against a wall. He flattened my arm against it and cut me six times, then again on the other end. Then he realised he would have to go to jail for that. So instead of helping me up, dusting me off, and wrapping me up, he grabbed a legal pad, wrote a few quick words, and shot himself in the head. And after I watched that happen, I collapsed."

Kaoru seemed shocked by the story. Like he wasn't expecting it to be that bad. Mika sort of just sat there in awkward silence waiting for him to let it sink in. The reason she had never told anyone wasn't because it brought up bad memories or anything like that. It was because she hated the pity she got from people. It was annoying. She had gotten over it so why couldn't they?

To make Kaoru stop with the intense silence, she piped in.
"Truth or dare?" She asked, leaning against him. He looked weirdly at her. "What?" He asked her, pushing her away a bit to see her face.

"Truth or dare? It's my turn to ask right?" Kaoru shrugged "Truth."

"What made you so surprised the day we first met? When we were picking up all the paper I dropped." Mika asked.

"No one was really able to tell me apart from my brother, except Haruhi. And you. And it just surprised me because no one else could do it. Then I thought maybe you just remembered that it was me because we introduced ourselves earlier, but we went into the classroom and you lost your glasses so that couldn't have been it."

Kaoru explained. Mika nodded. "Okay." Mika said, and turned back to the screen.

"So are we going to watch something else?" Mika asked Kaoru, snuggling further into him. Kaoru turned her head towards his. "One more truth or dare."

"Truth again."

"Did you have a crush on Leo?" Kaoru asked.

Mika had a slightly guilty expression on his face. "Yes I did. And I'm guessing you figured that out a while ago when I said that I've had a crush on my friends before?"

Kaoru nodded, and kissed Mika gently, still keeping her in his arms. "I just wanted to know, I was curious." He spoke into her lips. She smiled into the kiss, and deepened it. Then Kaoru pulled away,away went over to the television to put on something else to watch.

A/N: Okay, last chapter. I'm starting another book, the name will be at the bottom of the page when I start it. Please read it. Comment anything you want to read and I'll consider it. Bye bye.