Chapter Ten

Mika sat glaring at her history textbook. She hated history more than she hated any other subject. Even back in Canada, when the main language was hers too, and it was the history of her home country, she still hated it. And now it was in a language she had now been speaking for only three months, about a country she's been living in for two. She felt frustrated, and angry, and she just wanted to bang her head against the table enough times that she would die. She just found it the least interesting thing you could possibly learn.

Kaoru noticed the stress in her eyes as she continued to stare at the page. "You need help?" He asked, walking up and taking a seat next to her. Mika shook her head. "Unless you can make history more interesting, and make Japanese my first language, then no." She said, earning a laugh from Kaoru. "Yeah I guess it is hard for you, having to keep up your scholarship in a foreign language, learning about things differently than before." He said. Mika looked up at him in surprise. She had never seen him in this way. He was so sensitive and caring and understanding. She didn't know how serious it was, but she could feel herself getting a sort of crush.
Once that thought crossed her mind, she went wide eyed. She immediately slid her books into her open backpack on the floor and stood abruptly from the table. "I should be getting home." She said quickly, walking out as fast as she could.

No this can not be happening. I cannot do this to myself again. Tears welled up in her eyes as she walked away. I can't live with this again,liking my friends. This is too hard. Her vision blurred as she stepped onto the road, starting to walk across the street. But in her moment of frustration and sadness she forgot to look both ways. As she got to the middle of the road a loud honking noise brought her mind out of her thoughts just long enough to see the front of a huge transport truck.

She lost consciousness as soon as her head hit the bumper. It threw her threw metres from the vehicle, and right after, Kaoru, who had followed her out ran to her side. Tears brimmed his eyes as he knelt down beside her. "Mika?" He called out to her, pulling her head onto his lap. He ignored the blood staining his pants as he looked down at her legs. They were mangled, and broken. He could only look for a second before having to turn away.

"Mika, Kaoru!" Tamaki yelled, running out towards the street. "Call an ambulance." Kaoru said, barely able to get the words out. Kyoya was immediately on the phone calling the hospital, and they all sat around her as they waited for someone to come. The man from the truck was now leaning against it, a nervous look on his face.

The ambulance finally got there, and the paramedics put her on a stretcher, and wheeled her into the ambulance. "Can we come in with her?" Honey asked. The Paramedic shook his head. "I'm sorry no. There's to many people you just have to wait for her there." He said. He then shut the door, and the ambulance sped away.

The host club followed the ambulance down to the hospital, taking Kyoya and Tamaki's cars. Once they got there they were greeted by a nurse with bleach blonde hair and way to much blue eyeshadow. "Hello. How may I help you guys today?"

"We're here for Mika Celiana." Tamaki said, his voice frantic and choppy. A frown crossed the nurses face.
"I'm sorry. Miss Celiana is in surgery right now. You'll have to wait until she comes out."
That put a concerned look on all of their faces, even Kyoya's.
"Mi-chan is in surgery? Is she gonna be okay?" Mitsukuni asked Mori, looking up into his eyes. "She'll be fine Mutsukuni." He said sadly. Mitsukuni nodded, pretending to believe him.

They waited hours for her to get out of emerge. They didn't want to leave, even when it got late. They wanted to stay and wait for Mika. No one said anything, like they couldn't find the words. When finally the nurse cane back out. "For Mika Celiana?" She called. Everyone was immediately on their feet, and over to the nurse. "She's right through there. She's still asleep, but she's going to be fine. We got her here in time." She said, pointing at a door down the hall. They all walked down, and slowly opened the door to her room.

She looked so peaceful just laying there. Her cotton candy hair sprawled out around her head. Her face had no expression. "I can't believe this happened to her. Do you know what made her run out?" Haruhi asked Kaoru. He shrugged. "No. I was just talking to her about her history class. I don't know why she got out so fast." He answered, looking down at her face.

How could this have happened to her? Kaoru asked himself. Why'd she leave so fast. What'd I do to make her want to leave so bad? Tears gathered at the corners of his eyes again. He didn't know what he did to make her run out so fast. And he felt bad. He thought it was his fault. He blamed himself for it. He blamed himself for everything.