Chapter Eleven

Mika slowly opened her eyes, blinded at first by the white lights on the ceiling.  She squinted for a moment, then relaxed her eyes and put her hands under her back pushing herself up.  But it was much harder than she thought because of her legs.  She couldn't feel them.  She couldn't get them to move, which freaked her out.  She couldn't believe that her legs couldn't move.  What happened to them?  Just then, a nurse came in.  "Ms. Celiana! You're awake!"  She ran to her side, and did something to the side of the hospital bed to push it up and leg her sit up comfortably.  Mika then looked at her wide eyed.  "What happened to me?  Why can't I move my legs?"  She asked.  The nurse frowned sadly, and helped her back a little.  "I'm sorry,when the truck hit you it made direct contact with your lower spine.  Your legs are now unable to move, as well as your waist.  Also you suffered a very minor concussion when you fell, and the bones on your left shoulder have been crushed.  A steel plate has been screwed in to take care of that though.  Also, you've had a lot of visitors."  She said, changing the subject onto a happier one.  "Really?"  Mika asked, smiling up at the girl.  She nodded.  "Yes a fine group of boys and one girl come to see you all the time.  They said that you and them were part of some sort of club."  Mika's face got a little happier at that.  They came to see her all the time.  And that made her feel a bit better.  "Now of coarse since I can only tell other people not related to you your condition with the permission of you, or another family member, they don't know the extent of the issue.  They just know that you are going to be alright.  But you can tell them yourself if you want because they should be here soon.  This is around the time they usually come."  And the nurse started to leave the room.  But Mika called out to her one more time with a question.  "How long was I asleep for?"
"Two weeks."  She said.  Mika gasped.  She'd been unconscious for two weeks.  Dammit.  She kept thinking to herself.  Why didn't I look both ways.  I always look both ways.  Except that one time.  But the door opening took her out of those thoughts.  "Mika!"  Kaoru gasped, being the first one in the room.  "Your awake!"  He ran to her side, followed by the rest of the host club,who surrounded her bed.  "Yeah.  I'm awake."  She said, a big of sadness in her voice.  "The doctors wouldn't tell us anything, they said that they needed permission of you or a family member to tell us.  Kyoya knew, because it's his family's hospital,but he wouldn't tell us either."  Tamaki said, leaning against the bed by her feet.  Mika sighed.  "Well.  I lost all feeling in my legs, the bones in my left shoulder are shattered, so there's a steel plate that's supposed to take care of that.  And I had a minor concussion."  She explained.  The hosts looked shocked.  Kaoru even started to cry.  Mika noticed this, and sent the others out of the room to talk to just him.

"Kaoru what's wrong?"
"Why'd you run out of the room so fast?   What did I do to make you want to get out so quickly?"
Mika gasped.  He thought it was his fault.  It wasn't his fault, and she knew that.
"Look Kaoru, the reason I left so fast was because I have a crush on you.  And I didn't want to.  I've liked my friends that way before, and all it did was hurt me.  I didn't want to go through that again, so I tried to get away from it.  But apparently that only got me hit by a truck."  She explained.  Kaoru kept his head down, his bangs covered his eyes.  She couldn't see his reaction to all of this.  But he was smiling.  He was happy that she didn't hate him, and he was happy that he felt the same way she did.  He caught her off guard, by grabbing her cheek, and pulling her in to kiss him.  It surprised her at first, but she melted into it, grabbing his hand with her right one.  Eventually the need for air took over and they pulled away gasping for breath.  But when Kaoru git his back, he looked deep into her eyes and said, "Mika, will you be my girlfriend?"

Mika couldn't really say anything at first, so she nodded.  He smiled down at her.  "Good.  Then I'll do my best to help you out once you get out of the hospital."

Once the host club got back in, they talked to each other about school and things.  They talked about the homework Mika missed, and everything, and pretty much just tried to avoid the subject of her injuries.  She knew that she'd have to purchase a wheelchair, and learn how to use one.  And get accommodated to it.  She'd have to live life without the use of her legs now, and that thought s are her.  But Kaoru said he'd be there, and that was all that mattered right then.  That Kaoru was going to help her through this every step of the way, making sure she could do it.