Chapter Nine

Things continued the way they used to. Leo only stayed a week, and things went back to normal when he left. Mika was still part of the host club, she still worked every night, she was still doing alright in school. But it wasn't going to stay like that for much longer. Little did Mika know that a few months ago, when she signed up for entrance to a school specialised in photography and art, that she'd get in. And this school was all the way back home in Canada. So one day when she got home from school, and found the envelope in her mailbox, she realised she had a huge decision in her hands. Was she going to go back to Canada? Or was she going to stay in Japan. Going back would be better for her future, she wanted to be a photographer when she was older. Plus she already knew a lot of people there too. But the only friend she had there was Leo, and no matter how much she wanted to trust him, she couldn't tell him everything. She was in love with the guy, and was surprised that he hadn't realised it yet. But she could barely keep from stuttering around him. Her friends here she could talk to. They were real. So what was she going to do? She had to decide before June, which was three days away. So the next day this was distracting her. "Hey what's wrong. You seem out of it today?" Tamaki asked. Mika shrugged. "It's nothing, I'm fine." She sighed. But he knew it wasn't nothing, and did t stop trying to get out of her what was wrong. "something isn't right. You can tell me. I did say I'd always be there for you." He said. She looked up at him from her seat on the couch in the host club. "I got an acceptance letter from Advelle Academy in Canada. It specializes in photography and art, which is what I want to do. I don't know if I'm going or not,but I need to decide before June." She explained. He looked sadly at her. "What do you want to do? Don't go with what'd practical, or what everyone else wants you to do, do what you really want." He smiled, and walked away to greet the guests. And so she thought about that. What did she want to do? Did she want to go? Did she want to stay? She had never done what she really wanted. Her move was practical. So was applying to Ouran, and Advelle. Did she want to go back to Canada? Tamaki told the other host club members what was going on, and what she him. He also told them what he said back. They all agreed it was best for her to do what she truly wanted, and that they weren't going to try and sway her thoughts any way. But Mika still didn't know what she wanted. She spent all day thinking about it,and the entire time she was at work. Julia, a girl she worked with kept rambling on bout her boyfriend. Apparently he was trying to arrange a trip for them. Julia was super excited. But Mika could barely hear what she was saying as she thought about if she wanted to go home or not. Finally, after so much time spent thinking about it, she made up her mind. She knew what she wanted to do. So when she got home, she turned on her laptop, typing the email address of the school. She typed as best she could, trying to look as professional as she could. But the entire time she did she felt like a nervous wreck. Was she making the right choice? Should she change her ming? Those questions ran through her mind. So finally, she pressed send. She couldn't turn back now, it was too late. She had to go through with what she had chosen to do, mistake or not. The next day at school, she approached the entire host club, she was going to tell them what she had chosen to do. And when she got to the group, they all smiled kindly at her. "Hey Mika. We just wanted to say that we're Okey with whatever you wanna to. 'Kay?" Honey asked, humping up and hugging her. She smiled and hugged him back. "Actually I already made my decision." She responded. "Really? This fast?" Kyoya asked. Mika nodded. She wasn't sure about it, but she had done it. "I'm going to stay. I can't leave Japan. Honestly to me, you guys are the first real friends I've had." She smiled. All of their faces brightened, and they pulled her into a hug. "We're glad you're staying." They all said. She smiled. "Me too.