Chapter 16

Okay so before You get into this lovely chapter, I would like to thank every single one of yall for all the comments, votes, views and last but not least.......6k!!!! Thank you guys for rockin with this book, let's try to get to 10k!! Enjoy!!

Nelly's POV

My body is so weak..I can barely move it. I knew I shouldn't have been walking on my leg the other day, but I had to go to school. What the heck else am I supposed to do, fail? No way.

But I'm not gonna lie and say that it didn't hurt limping around that big school all day, cause it did. Andrew kept on asking me if I was okay and I would always tell him yes just to reassure myself that I was.

My dad has been staying at home with me though, to help me get better, and it's pretty good.

Since my body is completely numb I turn to my nightstand and grab the bell he left for me to call him if I needed him. I shake it as hard and as loud as I can, just to get under his skin a little bit, and he opens my door just standing there looking at me frustrated then he saids,"Really? Did you seriously have to ring it that loud!" I burst out laughing in the inside of my head and shrug my shoulders on the outside, cause my dad is almost as crazy as my mom and would be like,'What the hell is so funny?' or my favorite,'Well since you laughing, then maybe you can go back to school.'

He walks over to me and say,"What's the problem Nelly?" I cough a little and say,"My body is completely weak dad. My nose burns and so does my throat." He sighs and say,"Well did you try blowing it?" In my head I try to figure out how I should say this to him without it sounding sassy, but I say it anyways,"Um, I just said that my body was weak?"

He squints his eyes at me and say,"You trynna get smart with me?" Uhh..

I groan and say,"Daaad, oh my goodness! Can you just pleasee get me some medicine and food, before I die? That's all I ask of thee." He checks my forehead and say, while leaving my room,"Y'all kids, I swear!" I just sit there wondering why he always over exaggerate things?

---------------------------------------------

Once all of my food is fully digested and I've taken all of my medicine, I hop out of bed feeling a little woozy, but nothing I can't handle, and limp to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.

I look at myself in the mirror and say,"You are an amazing and beautiful women, who's smart. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise okay? And keep your head up." I mentally nod and hug myself. That was my weekly confidence booster, or pep talk if I was getting ready for school, but I just felt like I needed it today.

I know Grayson tells me I'm beautiful and stuff but sometimes it's just hard to believe ya know?

Growing up was the hardest! People, including my cousins, would always tease me about how dark I was and say that I looked like an African. Or the stupid things they would say to my parents,"Oh what a cute little boy." It was so painful dealing with things like that on my own.

It wasn't until I was thirteen that I finally decided to love myself and give myself these confidence boosters to help with the insecureness I held in my heart. I still have some work to do but I'm far better than I was before.

Now I keep my head up, I love my skin, I love being called African, I love my strong features, I just love me!

Anyways, I leave the bathroom and sit on my bed, turning on the TV. I start flipping through the channels and finally land on RHOA(Real Housewives of Atlanta). I can finally catch up, thank God!

As I'm watching the show my phone starts ringing and I look at the caller id and see that it's Andrew so I pick it up and say,"What's up Freddy Crugger?." He laughs and say,"What's up Madussa?" I laugh and say,"Shut up! What do you want anyways?" He chuckles then say,"Can I come over pleaseee?" I groan and say,"You ain't gone do nothing but tear down my room like you did the last time." He begs,"I promise I won't! I'm just so bored! Pleasee." I say,"Finee."