Chapter 31

Enjoy! And don't be afraid to comment as you go along!

Grayson's POV

I call up my uncle Guvaini and he answers on the third ring. I say,"Ehi zio G, abbiamo un problema, ho bisogno di un favore..(Hey Uncle G, we have a problem and I need a favor)" He saids,"Ah Grayson, il mio nipote preferito. Come stai? (Ah Grayson, my favorite nephew how are you?)" I say,"I'm good Uncle G, but I said I need a favor, it's important. This guy beat up me and my girlfriend at the beach, but she got it worse so now she's in the hospital and I need your help tracking him down."

He saids in his thick Italian accent,"Oh! Why didn't you just say that Grayson! I'll help you out, now what's his name?" I say,"Tristan Moon." He saids,"Okay great! I will let you know when I find him. I do have one question though? What are you gonna do when I find him? Are you going to take him to the warehouse and kill him? It's fine if you are, but-" I say,"I'm not going to kill him Uncle G. What I will do with him is going to be between me and him..."

He saids, sounding a bit serious,"Okay, but have you made up your mind yet? You know about joining the family business with us?.." I say hesitantly,"I-I don't know... I-I might not... I don't think my girlfriend would approve of me doing that type of stuff." He saids,"You're your own man Grayson! You make the decisions! Not some s-some woman!" I let out a low growl trying to keep my chill and say,"She not just some women.. J-Just give me some more time."

He sighs and say,"Okay Grayson, I'll give you some more time and I won't press you about it anymore, just let me know what you decide, and I'll call you when I track down Tristan alright?" I sigh of relief and say,"Thank you so much Uncle G! I have to go now bye!" He saids 'Bye' back and I hang up and suddenly the door to Nelly's room fly open and everything starts going in slow motion..

I watch horrified as they rush her out of the room on her hospital bed and  down the hallway. My heart beat goes rapid as grow angry again. I yell at one of the doctors, trying to keep up with they're pace,"What the hell happened?!!" He saids as we push past two double doors that say ER....."Well the machines went off because she started to have some internal bleeding from her broken ribs, and her body went into shock. So now we are taking her into the emergency room so we can stop the bleeding and try our best to get her out of this coma or else she'll die. Now we need for you to wait out here until we're done!"

I try my best to find my voice, but I just can't speak. I watch as they close the door to the emergency room and look through the glass window as they start performing the horrifying surgery. Tears start streaming down my eyes as all of the beautiful memories we shared together start flooding back in my head and I fall to the floor and curl up in a ball crying my eyes out. This shit hurts!

God I'm so sorry for not protecting her! Please give me a second chance, I need my princess so bad! She can't be dying! She just can't! I hear a few nurses yell to me,"Sir you need to calm down! Stop screaming please!" I yell out in anger one last good time and stand to my feet trying my best to keep my composure say,"I need to be in there!" They say,"No! We can't let that happen!" My heart rate goes into overdrive as I turn my attention to the loud ruckus of the machines and doctors coming from the other side of the window and watch as they try to revive her and she struggles to fight for her life.

I immediately push pass the yelling nurses and burst through the doors and hold onto her semi cold hand saying,"Baby I'm here! I'm here! Come on you got this you can win this! If you can hear my voice, come back to me princess. Follow my voice baby girl, I need you to! Remember, you said that you are strong independent black women? You are baby, and I know you can get through this! I just know you can! And you will, so come on baby! Come on!"