Chapter Four

Chapter Four – Mackenzie's P.O.V

Alex went downstairs to get breakfast ready while me and Demi went into my room. "We seriously need to take you shopping today." Demi said as she went through all my clothes. "All of your clothes are badly stained." She continued. I sat on the bed, waiting for her to pick out something for me to wear. Demi paused for a second before she turned to me. "Wait here." She told me before she went out of the room.

Demi came back in a little while later with some clothes for me to wear. She placed the clothes out on my bed and I started mentally freaking out as I realised what she had picked out. "This are my sister's old clothes. They don't fit her anymore so I'm sure she won't mind if you wear them." Demi explained to me. "Now do you want to get changed before or after breakfast?" Demi asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Let's get you changed now then." She came towards me. I backed away from her, not wanting her to see all my scars. She looked at me confused. "Honey what's wrong?" She questioned me as she knelt down in front of me.

"I-I don't want you to see m-my..." I trailed off as I looked down at the floor.

"You don't want me to see your scars?" Demi finished for me. I nodded my head. Demi lifted my chin up so I was looking at her. She pulled me into a hug and wrapped her arms around me.

"You don't need to be afraid of showing me anything. I'm not going to judge you or be mean to you. We all have scars Mac. Every single one of us. Including me and Alex. You don't need to be ashamed of what happened to you. It wasn't your fault. Your mum should have never done those things to you. Mac I think scars are like battle wounds, beautiful in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it."

"M-mummy told me to hide my scars. She said that if someone saw them, they would hurt me just like she and so many other people use to."

Demi didn't say anything until a second later when she pulled her sleeves up. I looked at her arm where the words stay strong were written on top of a load of white lines. I traced them with my fingers while Demi watched me. "I'm not going to hurt you because you have scars Mac. Mac scars are nothing to be ashamed of, they simply mean that you were stronger than whatever tried to break you." Demi kissed my cheek as soon as she finished speaking. "You don't need to be afraid." She finished.

I took a deep breath before Demi let go of me. I got up and pulled my shirt off. My heart was thumping against my chest as Demi looked at all the scars on my stomach, arms. All the burns, stab marks and the words my mum had cut into my skin were visible. I looked into Demi's eyes and I saw something I had never seen before. Her eyes filled with tears as she tried to hold them back.

"Demi..." I trailed off worriedly as a few tears left her eyes. Then without warning Demi pulled me into another hug and wrapped her arms around me. I didn't know why but as soon as Demi pulled me into her arms, I started crying into her shirt. One of her hands rubbed up and down my shirt as I let all the tears out.

Then a few moments later Demi started singing.

Skies are crying

I am watching

Catching teardrops in my hands

Only silence, as it's ending, like we never had a chance

Do you have to, make me feel like there's nothing left of me?

[Chorus]

You can take everything I have

You can break everything I am

Like I'm made of glass

Like I'm made of paper

Go on and try to tear me down

I will be rising from the ground

Like a skyscraper

Like a skyscraper

As the smoke clears

I awaken, and untangle you from me

Would it make you, feel better to watch me while I bleed?

All my windows, still are broken

But I'm standing on my feet

[Chorus]

You can take everything I have

You can break everything I am

Like I'm made of glass

Like I'm made of paper

Go on and try to tear me down

I will be rising from the ground

Like a skyscraper

Like a skyscraper

[Bridge]

Go run, run, run

I'm gonna stay right here

Watch you disappear, yeah

Go run, run, run

Yeah it's a long way down

But I am closer to the clouds up here

You can take everything I have

You can break everything I am

Like I'm made of glass

Like I'm made of paper, Ohhh woaah

Go on and try to tear me down

I will be rising from the ground

Like a skyscraper

Like a skyscraper

Like a skyscraper

Like a skyscraper

Like a skyscraper

"You don't need to be afraid." Demi told me. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you ever again."

AUTHORS NOTE:

Mac and Demi moments :D haha. So don't forget to vote and comment and I'll talk to you guys soon. Bye x

Kerri