Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen – Alex's P.O.V

Demi's P.O.V

I was on stage being interviewed by Ellen. "So Demi. How are you? I heard that you recently were rushed into hospital is everything okay?" Ellen asked me as soon as I was sat down on the chair.

I hesitated, not wanting to tell everyone about my miscarriage yet. "Everything's okay. I'll explain more when I'm ready to talk about it." I explained to her. Ellen smiled at me once I finished talking.

"So you've been taking a break and spending time with Alex and his little girl for the last few months. Have you enjoyed yourself?" Ellen asked me. A smile appeared on my face as I nodded my head.

"I have. But I'm ready to start writing some new music." I told her.

"So Alex's daughter is called Mackenzie right? Are you and Mackenzie close?" Ellen asked me.

"Me and Mackenzie are really close. She's my little girl even though I didn't give birth to her and she's the sweetest five-year-old I have ever met." I replied. The audience awed at my response.

"That's good. So is she daddy's little girl?" Ellen asked me. I laughed at that question.

"Defiantly. She has Alex wrapped around her little finger. Their relationship is the cutest thing." I smiled as I thought of Mac and Alex.

"I can't wait to meet her one day." Ellen continued as she looked at me hopefully.

"She's actually back stage if you want me to bring her out?" I replied. Ellen's eyes lit up as soon as I suggested that. I laughed

"Please. Only if she wants to though. I don't want to force her to come on stage if she doesn't want to. It can be quiet overwhelming." Ellen said to me.

I nodded my head. "I'll go and talk to her." I responded as I got up and went off the stage. Mackenzie came running towards me as soon as she saw me. Natalie and Paul smiled at Mac's reaction.

"Mumma!" Mackenzie screamed as she wrapped her arms around my legs.

"Do you want to come and meet Ellen?" I asked her. Mackenzie froze for a minute.

"W-will she hurt me?" She asked me. I shook my head at her.

"She won't. I'll make sure of it." I replied.

"O-okay." Mackenzie stuttered as she lifted her arms up. I smiled at her before I lifted her into my arms and kissed her on the cheek.

I carried her on stage and sat her down on my lap. Ellen smiled at Mackenzie a second later. "So hey Mac. My names Ellen. I'm a friend of Demi's." Ellen introduced herself.

"H-Hi." Mackenzie stuttered shyly. Everyone cooed at her reaction.

"So do you like leaving with your dad and Demi?" Ellen asked Mac.

Mac nodded her head. "Demi's the best mummy ever." She replied.

My face lit up as soon as she said that. It was nice to know that Mackenzie thought so much of me. "She plays with me. She draws with me. But she doesn't cook. Daddy doesn't let her anywhere near the kitchen because he's too scared of her setting the house on fire." Everyone laughed as soon as Mac said that.

"Thanks Mackenzie." I replied to her before I started to tickle her. Mackenzie looked at me with her brown eyes and laughed

"I love you Mumma." She replied to me as she wrapped her arms around me.

"I love you too Mackenzie." I replied as I kissed her on the forehead and hugged her back.

(4 hours later)

"Mackenzie bath time." I called out as I went into the front room. As soon as I was inside I noticed that Mackenzie and Alex were playing snap together.

"Just one more game Mumma?" Mackenzie asked as she looked up at me.

"No Mac it's bedtime." Alex told her as he started packing the cards away.

"Oh okay." Mackenzie replied as she got up and went towards me.

I took Mackenzie upstairs and bathed her before she got into her PJ's and climbed into bed. "Mumma. Will you sing to me?" She asked as she laid her head on the pillow.

Although you see the world different than me
Sometimes I can touch upon the wonders that you see
All the new colors and pictures you've designed
Oh yes, sweet darling
So glad you are a child of mine

Child of mine, child of mine
Oh yes, sweet darling
So glad you are a child of mine

You don't need direction, you know which way to go
And I don't want to hold you back, I just want to watch you grow
You're the one who taught me you don't have to look behind
Oh yes, sweet darling
So glad you are a child of mine

Child of mine, child of mine
Oh yes, sweet darling
So glad you are a child of mine

Nobody's gonna kill your dreams
Or tell you how to live your life
There'll always be people to make it hard for a while
But you'll change their heads when they see you smile

The times you were born in may not have been the best
But you can make the times to come better than the rest
I know you will be honest if you can't always be kind
Oh yes, sweet darling
So glad you are a child of mine

Child of mine, child of mine,
Oh yes, sweet darling
So glad you are a child of mine

Child of mine, child of mine
Oh yes, sweet darling
So glad you are a child of mine

"Night Mackenzie." I whispered as I tucked her in and kissed her on the forehead.

Authors Note

So I finally wrote something for something other than 'The Unexpected.' (My new book for those who don't know. If you haven't checked it out it's on my profile. Please tell me what you think.)

Also please give me some ideas. I'm running out of ideas for this story and I need some more.

Kerri