Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine – Mackenzie's P.O.V

I watched as Demi posed in front of the camera. A man who was speaking in a funny voice kept on shouting 'beautiful' and and 'amazing' at her as she posed for the next photo. I was sat with Max and Natalie. "Right we'll take a five-minute break for a wardrobe change and then we'll continue." The man said as he placed his camera down. I ran towards Demi a minute later

The man looked at us as I ran into her arms. Demi spun me around as she lifted me into her arms. I laughed as I noticed a flash going off. Me and Demi turned around and noticed the man holding his camera again. "Do you think it would be okay to take some photos of you and this little cutie?" He asked Demi

I looked at him a little freaked out that he called me 'cutie' as Demi hesitated for a second. "Let me just check with her father because he is quiet strict with photos." Demi told him before I was placed on the ground and Demi went to get her cell phone

Five minutes later Demi got off the phone and came towards us again. "It's fine. Just don't put her name anywhere." Demi said

The man's eyes lit up before he summoned for two girls to come towards him. "Can you take her to the dressing room to get changed?" He asked. I looked at Demi scared as the two girls came towards me. I backed away from them. I didn't like strange people touching me.

"Maybe it's a better idea for me to help her choose what to wear. She doesn't like being left alone with strangers." Demi informed the man. Demi picked me up and carried me towards the door before anyone could say anything. She carried me into the dressing room.

The two girls came into the room a minute later with some outfits for me to choose. I picked out a red t-shirt with a love heart on it along with some brown shorts and a pair of black converse. Demi helped me get changed before she got changed herself.

"You look beautiful honey." Demi smiled as she took a photo of me.

I didn't say anything. I just looked down at the floor a second later. I wasn't allowed to insult myself or say anything bad about myself. Demi and Alex always got mad at me when I did that so I learned to not say anything to them at all. Demi came over to me and lifted my chin up. "I'm not lying Mac. I know it probably sounds like I am but I'm not. You really are beautiful Mackenzie. Your mum's an idiot for not seeing that." Demi told me.

Demi's P.O.V

I picked my five-year-old up in my arms. Even though Mackenzie hadn't called me mum or Alex dad since the day we got her back I still thought of her as my own. I didn't care if she was biologically mine or not. She was still my daughter and she was still apart of my family. I picked Mackenzie up into my arms and kissed her on the cheek.

"Shall we go back into the room now?" I asked her. Mackenzie looked at me anxiously. It took me a moment to figure out why she was so anxious.

"Hey Mackenzie it's going to be okay. I'm not going to let anyone hurt you okay?" Mackenzie nodded her head in response

As soon as we stepped inside the room the man came towards us. He started taking photos of me and Mackenzie and every now and then he would ask us to pose a different way or do something different. Half an hour later Mackenzie started getting fidgety and I could tell that she had, had enough of the camera.

"I think we should stop now." I told the photographer.

He looked at me. "But we haven't finished." He replied to me.

"Well Mackenzie can sit out and I'll carry on with the photo shoot." I suggested to him.

"But how are you meant to keep your image up if you don't have her in the photos?" He asked me.

"This isn't about my image!" I argued with him as Natalie came towards us and took Mackenzie off of me.

"Then what is it? Because no one in their right minds would love an ugly freak like her!" He yelled back at me. I was about to say something when someone came into the room. I heard Alex speaking up behind me.

"What did you just call my daughter?" He asked the photographer through gritted teeth.

The photographer was silent for a minute as he tried to figure out what to say.

"Come on. You can try and convince the public that you want the brat. But we both know it's not true." The photographer smirked. I pulled Alex back before he could do anything to him

"Alex calm down he's not worth it." I whispered in his ear as Mac came running towards us. She lifted her arms up as she reached Alex and Alex lifted her into his arms a two minutes later.

"Don't you ever say something like that about my little girl again. Do you hear me?" Alex said to the photographer before he kissed Mackenzie on the cheek and he walked out of the room.

Authors Note

So I know that it's been forever since I last updated but I have had major writers block for this story. :/ But hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently now I've got this chapter out of the way. So please tell me what you think and don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter and I'll update as soon as I can

Kerri