Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen – Alex's P.O.V

"I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can get you?" Dallas asked after we told her the news. Demi had her back to everyone and refused to talk. Mackenzie was asleep on my lap, her arms were wrapped around me and she was still in the clothes she ran away in.

"Can you get Mackenzie some dry clothes? I don't think she should be in soaking wet clothes all night." I told Dallas. She nodded her head at me a second later as she picked her bag up

"Do you want me to take Mackenzie home? I can bring her back in the morning." Dallas offered. Mackenzie shook her head as she looked up at me.

"I want to stay with you and Demi." She told me. I shook my head.

"No Mac. You need to go back home. You can come back in the morning." I replied to her.

"No Daddy! I'm staying here." She screamed at me. I looked at her shocked. Mackenzie had never shouted at me like that before.

"Mac." I said in a firm tone. "You're going home and that's the end of it. You'll be more comfortable in your own bed and you need a bath honey." I told her.

"Promise me I can come back tomorrow?" She asked me as she looked at me.

"I promise baby girl." I told her as I got up and passed her to Dallas.

Mackenzie's P.O.V

Dallas carried me out of the room. "Aunt Dallas?" I said as soon as we were out of earshot. "Is the baby's death my fault?" I asked her.

Dallas looked at me confused. "No honey. Why would you think that?"

"B-because everything was fine until I ran away." I whispered

"You don't know that. Mac sometimes things happen and it's no one's fault. Demi was yet to see a doctor. There could have been another reason why the baby died." Dallas explained to me.

"B-But Demi's stomach started hurting when they found me." I replied to her.

"Look Mac. It's not your fault. There could have been something going on that no one knew about. Now I don't want you to blame yourself anymore okay?" Dallas told me sternly. I nodded my head.

"Come on then. Let's get you home and changed into some dry clothes." Dallas continued.

(Demi's P.O.V two weeks later –Trigger Warning-)

I rolled over as I heard someone coming into the room. "I'm going out for a little bit with Mackenzie okay?" Alex told me. I nodded my head and forced a smile on my face as Mackenzie came running into the room. She climbed on the bed and wrapped her arms around me.

"Do you want to come?" Mackenzie asked.

"Not this time honey. Maybe another time okay?" I replied to her as I kissed her on the forehead.

Mackenzie looked a little disappointed but nodded her head anyway. She climbed off the bed and went towards Alex before they went out of the room and shut the door behind them. I heard them going down the stairs a minute later. The front door opened and then closed minutes later. I stared at the walls as I heard the car pulling out of the drive way. My phone beeped but I ignored it.

Maybe this was for the best. Who would want a fat, ugly, freak like you as their mother? My inner demons started screaming at me.

"Please leave me alone." I begged them as I curled up into a ball.

But it's the truth. Even Mackenzie hates you. Why do you think she only called you mum once?

You would have been a crap mother Demi. The baby is better of dead so it doesn't have to deal with your messed up issues

"Please leave me alone." I continued to beg them as tears fell down my face.

You know what to do to make us go away Demi.

Don't you remember how good it felt to let us in Demi?

Alex and Mackenzie aren't here. It's the perfect time to start.

Come on. Just let us in Demi.

You know we are only trying to help you Demi. Please let us in

Mackenzie's P.O.V

We had been at the park for half an hour when something inside of me told me to go back home. Dad was sitting on one of the park benches. He had been running around and playing with me but he got tired so he was taking a break. I reached him a minute later.

"Can we go now please Daddy?" I asked him.

"Sure. Do you want to stop off and get ice cream on the way back?" Daddy asked me. I shook my head no.

"Can we just go straight home please?" Dad nodded his head before he bent down and picked me up. He placed me on his hip.

We went to the car and Daddy strapped me in before shut my car door and got into the car himself. He put his seatbelt on before he started the car and started to drive back home to Demi.

Demi's P.O.V

I clutched the razor in my hand as tears fell down my face. The voices were getting louder and louder inside my head. It felt like I was going crazy. The razor fell to the floor a second later

Come on Demi. Do it.

Come on you know you want to.

Just cut once. That's all.

Come on Demi. You are so close to making us go away.

You can do it Demi. Come on.

I took a deep breath and picked up the razor again. Suddenly everything went quiet for a minute. I sighed in relief until the voices started again.

Come on Demi don't stop now.

You know it will make you feel a lot better.

Come on Demi.

A second later the door flew open and Mackenzie came running into the room.

"NO MUMMA!" She screamed as she ran towards me.

"Mackenzie get out." I told her. Mackenzie shook her head no as tears fell down her face.

"PLEASE MUMMA. DON'T HURT YOURSELF." Mackenzie begged me as she reached me. She tried to take the razor out of my hand but she couldn't. A second later she ran out of the bathroom and onto the landing.

"Daddy come quickly. Demi's about to hurt herself." Mackenzie yelled down the stairs.

Alex hurried up the stairs seconds later as Mackenzie came back into the bathroom. I stood up and hid the razor behind my back

Alex came into the room. "Demi. Give me the blade." He told me.

I shook my head no. "Demi. Please give me the blade." Alex repeated himself as he looked at me. He slowly came towards me once I didn't respond. He reached his hand behind my back and took the razor out of my hand. As soon as Alex had the blade I fell onto the floor and brought my knees to my chest as I started crying my eyes out. Mackenzie came towards me and sat next to me. A minute later I pulled her onto my lap and held her close.

Mackenzie waited until I was looking at her before she said something. "I love you mummy. Please don't try and hurt yourself again."

I looked at her shocked before I pulled her in for another hug. "I love you too Mac. So much." I whispered.

Authors Note:

So can we please look past the fact that I made Demi have a miscarriage and look at the adorableness of Mackenzie and Demi at the end of this chapter. She finally called Demi her mum. *Screams excitedly*

So thoughts on this chapter?

Also how would you feel if Alex and Demi adopted a child later in this book?

But anyway don't forget to vote and comment and I'll update as soon as I can.