Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Mackenzie's P.O.V

I held onto Sophia's hand as we went outside. People rushed towards us as Sophia looked at me confused, anxious and a little creped out. "Don't worry they just follow us because they have no life. That's what daddy says anyway." Alex turned around to look at me before he started laughing. He stuck his thumb up and me. I held onto Sophia's hand tightly as we went towards the car and got inside. Mum strapped me in while Dad strapped Sophia in. They both closed the door and got inside before Dad started the car. Daddy pulled out the parking space

"So what do you girls want to do first? Do you want to get lunch or do you want to go shopping?" Daddy asked us. Me and Sophie looked at each other.

"Food!" We both said at the exact same time, making mum and dad laugh.

"You guys are like twins." Mum chuckled as she turned around to face us.

"Well we were born on the same day." Sophie replied to Mum

"You were?" Dad asked as he looked at both of us. We nodded our heads.

"I was born earlier though." Sophie continued. "So I'm the eldest. That means I'm the mature one." Sophie looked at me as she said this.

"So that makes me the youngest and the baby of the family." I pouted.

"It's not so bad being the youngest Mac." Mummy told me as she got her phone out of her pocket. She pointed it towards us and took a photo of me and Sophie sticking our tongues out at the camera.

"But that means that Sophie can boss me around." Sophie's eyes widened.

"I can?" She asked but as soon as she said that she laughed to show that she was joking. We both laughed a few seconds later

"They're going to be like you and Marissa Demi." Dad joked as he concentrated on the road.

"Who's Marissa Mumma?" I asked curiously as I looked up at her

"She's one of my best friends. We've been best friends since we started school." Mum explained to me.

"Like me and Kenzie!" Sophia said using the nickname she made up for me.

"Yes. Like you and Kenzie." Mum smiled at us.

Demi's P.O.V

I looked at my two girls sitting in the back. Mackenzie and Sophia didn't know yet but we actually adopted Sophia. Sophia and Mackenzie's relationship was adorable. The way they interacted with each other was exactly how me and my sisters used to interact with each other when we weren't fighting over something.

"I hope we're best friends forever." Sophie said to Mackenzie.

"We will be. Because you're not going to get rid of me easily Sophie." Mackenzie replied to her making me smile. Sophie held out her pinkie.

"Promise you'll never leave me?" Sophie asked Mackenzie.

Mackenzie wrapped her finger around Sophie's. "I promise." Mackenzie smiled at Sophie.

My mind started wondering what their reaction will be when we tell them that Sophie's apart of our family now. Sophie was still a little shy around us but that was understandable considering what she went through thanks to two arseholes that I want to kill right now. I wonder if I should put her next to Mackenzie's biological mother in the list of people I want to kill

Alex stopped the car and got out. I did the same and opened Sophie's door. I helped her with her straps and lifted her into my arms. She stiffened a little at my touch. "Hey it's okay Sophie. Mummy won't hurt you. She's nice." Mackenzie reassured Sophie.

"Then why are you carrying me?" She asked me.

"Because they're a lot of people around and I don't want you to get lost." I explained.

"Oh okay..." Sophie trailed off as she looked down at the floor

"Honey what's wrong?" I asked as Alex went to get Mackenzie out of the car.

"Why are you being so nice to me? Why do you care? I'm not anything important or special. I'm just me Sophia Elizabeth Grace." Sophie stated. Tears started falling down both my cheeks. My mind re played the time Mackenzie said the exact same thing to me.

"Because you are special. You are important. You're special and important to me, Alex and Mackenzie. What your mother did, what your mother said to you was wrong. You are important and you're going to do amazing things in this world okay?" I told her.

"Why are you crying?" Sophie asked me anxiously.

"Because I'm hurt that you don't see how amazing you are. I'm angry that your mother, the person who was supposed to love and care for you abused you and made your life hell. I hate the fact that you don't think you aren't worth anything, when in reality you are worth it. You deserve to be loved and cared for and you will be. I won't let anyone lay a finger on you ever again okay?" Sophie nodded her head as she placed her head on my chest. I kissed her hair as Alex came over with Mackenzie

"Your life is about to change for the better. I promise Sophie."

Authors Note

So can I take the moment to say how adorable Mackenzie and Sophie's friendship is? Imagine what they're going to be like as sisters and the Demi and Sophie moment? I think I'm about to die of cuteness. So I'm actually thinking about finishing this book soon. I don't know if I should do a sequel or not. What do you guys think? I'll more than likely write one or two more chapters of this book so I have awhile to think about it. But hey at least Sophie has a loving family now. So don't forget to vote and comment and I'll update soon.