Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten – Demi's P.O.V

"Mackenzie, come here you little monster." I said as Mackenzie ran away from me while laughing her head off. She squealed as I caught up with her and bent down to pick her up. Mackenzie crawled through my legs before she got back up and ran to Alex

"Alex, save me." Mackenzie screamed as she reached him. I ran after her as Alex placed his book on the table and stood up before he lifted her into his arms. I pouted as soon as I reached them.

"You can't get me now Demi!" Mackenzie told me as she stuck her tongue out at me. Alex laughed while I raised my eyebrows

"Oh really?" I asked before I tried to grab her but Alex moved out the way.

"Alex run!" Mac squealed as Alex took of running. I chased after them, laughing as I went. Alex took Mia indoors a few minutes later. I ran faster to catch up with them but as soon as I was inside I wasn't able to find them.

"Now where's Mackenzie?" I asked in a deep voice. "I'm getting hungry and I love Mackenzie's for dinner." I listened for a moment. I heard the sound of Mackenzie's giggling coming from behind the sofa.

"Ssh Mac. She'll hear you." Alex whispered.

I ran towards the sofa and picked behind it. "Ah ha! I've found you." I said. Mackenzie screamed before she climbed over Alex's lap and ran out from the other end of the sofa. Alex grinned at me before he got up and came towards me. I looked at him anxiously.

"What are you planning to do Alex?" I asked him. He just grinned even more in response before he bent down and picked me up bridal style. He then went towards the sofa and threw me down on the couch.

"Mackenzie, help me tickle Demi!" Alex called out as he climbed on top of me and started tickling me. Mackenzie joined in a few minutes later.

"NO...STOP...PLEASE." I yelled out in between fits of laughter.

"SAY ALEX AND MACKENZIE ARE THE BEST." Alex told me.

"NEVER!" I replied to him a second later.

Alex's hands slowly started moving towards my neck.

"OKAY. OKAY. MACKENZIE AND ALEX ARE THE BEST!" I yelled out a second later.

Alex smirked at me before he pulled me up and wrapped his arms around me.

The room was silent for awhile as me and Alex just stayed there hugging each other. It took me a few minutes before I realised Mackenzie wasn't in the room anymore. I was about to say something when a loud crash came from the kitchen. Me and Alex scrambled to our feet before we rushed into the kitchen a second later.

Mackenzie turned around and looked at both of us. Pots and pans were scattered around her. Alex ran towards her and picked her up.

"What do you think you're doing Mackenzie May Lovato?" He asked using her full name.

"I-I'm sorry I was hungry." She stuttered.

"Well then you ask me or Demi to help you. You don't just go into the kitchen and help yourself Mackenzie. The kitchen is dangerous and you could have hurt yourself." Alex scolded as Mac looked at me.

"I'm sorry." She repeated before she looked down at the floor.

(Two hours later. Demi's P.O.V)

"Mac it's time for bed." I said as I walked into the front room. Mackenzie was snuggled into Alex watching some kind of children's show.

"Five more minutes. Please Demi." Mac begged me before she yawned. Me and Alex chuckled as Mackenzie struggled to stay awake.

"No baby. It's eight o clock already Mac. You should have been in bed an hour ago." I told her as I went towards her. Alex kissed her on the forehead and promised her that he'd be up in a few minutes to read her a story.

As soon as Mackenzie was tucked into bed me and Alex went downstairs to watch some TV. We were half way through a TV show when Mackenzie started screaming. Alex got to his feet and ran up the stairs.

Alex's P.O.V

I hurried up the stairs and sprinted towards Mac's bedroom. As soon as the door opened Mac came running towards me. I lifted her into my arms before I went over to her bed and rocked her back and forth. "Did you have a bad dream?" I asked her a second later. She nodded her head at me. "Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. She shook her head at me.

The room was silent for a moment until Mac spoke up. "C-can you sing to me please?" She asked. I smiled and nodded my head.

Goodnight, my angel
Time to close your eyes
And save these questions for another day
I think I know what you've been asking me
I think you know what I've been trying to say
I promised I would never leave you
And you should always know
Wherever you may go
No matter where you are
I never will be far away

Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to sleep
And still so many things I want to say
Remember all the songs you sang for me
When we went sailing on an emerald bay
And like a boat out on the ocean
I'm rocking you to sleep
The water's dark
And deep inside this ancient heart
You'll always be a part of me

Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry
And if you sing this lullabye
Then in your heart
There will always be a part of me

Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabyes go on and on...
They never die
That's how you
And I
Will be

I tucked Mackenzie back into bed as I finished singing. I kissed her on the cheek as she closed her eyes. "Night baby girl. I love you." I whispered before kissing on the forehead and getting up from her bed.

"I love you too Daddy." Mackenzie whispered before she fell asleep.