20 | Leave

Lydia had woken early the next morning as she heard Anakin moving. She opened her eyes to see him at the edge of her bed, pulling his boots on.

"Don't leave yet." She said, leaning upward. Anakin smiled to himself. "I wish I could stay, believe me."
Lydia crawled towards him, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Are you going to Obi-Wan?"

"I am." He answered. "I need to know what he wants me to do about the Chancellor."
Lydia frowned. "Be careful."
"I'm always careful." He said to her. They both smiled before pressing their lips together, pulling away shortly after.

Lydia watched as he left, and she laid back and stared at the ceiling once the door slid shut.

                                     ***

Anakin searched for Obi-Wan through the Temple as he reached the second hangar. Obi-Wan stood with Master Kit Fisto as they stared at the same, generalized map.

"Master, a word." Anakin asked. Obi-Wan excused himself from Kit Fisto, and walked towards Anakin.
"What is it?" He asked.
Anakin exhaled. "I can't just sit and wait for something to happen."
"I understand." He said. "The Council has called a meeting as soon as Master Windu arrives back from Geonosis."
Anakin rose a brow. "Why is he on Geonosis?"
"The answer is unknown until he tells us at the meeting."

Anakin looked away. "Lydia's life is in our hands.. Mine specifically."
Obi-Wan stared at his former apprentice. "It seems to me that you have a very close friendship with the Princess."

If you only knew, Anakin thought.

"I have. She's a great friend, Master." He said, lying. Although he hated lying to his best friend.
"Be mindful of your emotions, Anakin." Obi-Wan warned him. "They betray you."
Anakin shook his head. "I'm fine, Master."

Lydia sat straightly inside of the Council Chamber as everyone began to pile in. She looked towards the line of people for Anakin, not seeing him at all.

Once Master Yoda tapped his cane against the ground, she looked up.

Mace Windu arrived back, and stepped in. "I have arrived back from the planet Geonosis with news."
Everyone fell silent.

"Jango Fett has escaped to the outer rim territories of Geonosis." He announced.
Lydia swallowed.
"We have come to the decision of a mission to Geonosis to destroy the droid army, and the Bounty Hunter. Princess Lydia's life is in our hands as protection, and we will not fail her nor her people of Alderaan."

Grandfather Bail Organa would be so proud, Lydia thought. "Thank you, Master Windu."
He nodded before looking around at the Jedi Council's circle. "We leave as soon as transports arrive back to Coruscant. Precisely three days."

Then, the droid army would be in the Jedi's hands now.

                                     ***

Anakin hadn't said a word as he stared out over Coruscant from the balcony of his apartment. The speeders going by reminded him of when he was young; flying in the Pod Racers, when life was considered easy.

He closed his eyes, seeing Lydia in his head. Her wide smile caused his heart to flutter, and their love having him grip the railing.

"Close your eyes." She said.

"Take a deep breath. Smell the fresh air and flowers, feel it seep into your lungs."

The scent was different on Coruscant, but he did it anyway.

Do you wish it were like this forever?" Lydia asked.
"I wish Jedi were allowed to enjoy certain things and situations." He replied. "Not us being selfish, but our own time. Not having to worry about the Politician's, armies, war, anything.... And love who we want to love."

Anakin opened his eyes, sighing contently. He turned towards the apartment, and walked inside to sleep.
But it was hard. All he could see was the Princess of Alderaan. Swaying around in the luxurious gowns, smiling so beautifully.

Anakin is in love with Lydia Capenella.

Ooooooh, I love Lydakin XD

Please vote and comment :)