Chapter Sixteen

Jean scrolled through Facebook peacefully, looking at his friends' and family's posts. Ashton posted some pictures from a party, and Jean liked them. He missed Ashton already.

A small fit of giggles interrupted his thoughts, and he glanced up from his phone. Tate was here, because for some reason Marco thought it was possible to have guests over in a room that small. They were laying on Marco's bed, being romantic and doing couple's lovey-dovey crap. Like kissing and tickling and more kissing. It seemed that they never just talked. Sometimes Marco spoke up, but the conversation soon ended shortly, and they would just kiss again. Jean wouldn't help but think that wasn't particularly healthy for their relationship.

Now Tate was kissing Marco's neck, and apparently he'd found a ticklish spot.

Ugh... Seriously? They do know I'm here, right?

Jean rolled his eyes lightly, and then cleared his throat. Tate pretended not to notice, but Marco sat up, blushing lightly.

"Sorry, Jean... I know this isn't exactly ideal for you."

"You know, I'd be fine with leaving, if that's what you want. Just ask," he said. Although he actually wasn't fine with leaving at all. He didn't want to think of the things Tate would do to Marco if they were left alone.

"No, no, it's fine," Marco replied. "We can't just kick you out of your own room."

It was a bit of a tough situation. They couldn't go back to Tate's place, because he still lived with his parents. They couldn't do anything here when Jean was also there. So they had to get used to only being alone once in a while.

"I'm gonna use the bathroom," Tate suddenly said, pressing his lips against Marco's once more. "Be back soon."

"Okay," Marco smiled.

He watched Tate leave until the door was shut, and then his eyes landed on Jean. "We're thinking about going to the play tonight. You want to come? I already bought you a ticket, just in case."

"No... That's alright, Marco. I can pay you back for the ticket."

"Are you sure?" He propped himself up onto his elbow. "It's some musical. Guys and Dolls, I think. It's supposed to be good."

"Well as much as I love musicals, and love being a third wheel, I'm gonna have to say no." Jean added a smile when he was finished, just so his words didn't sound too offensive.

"You won't be a third wheel!" He sat up even further. "If there had to be a third wheel, I think it'd be Tate."

"What? But he's your boyfriend."

"Yeah, my boyfriend of a couple of weeks. You're my friend of several months."

Jean pursed his lips, lowering his phone to his lap. "You don't have to do that..."

Marco just laughed. "I want to, dummy."

"Did... Did you just call me a dummy?" Jean smirked lightly, a laugh escaping his lips.

Marco's cheeks grew pink, and he looked down. "Maybe... It just sort of happened, okay?" He stood up from his bed and opened one of his drawers. "So, you'll go, right?"

"I don't know. Don't you want to make it a date night with just the two of you?" Jean asked.

"I guess that would be nice... But I still want you to come with us."

"...Alright. Fine."

"Great!" Marco grinned and pulled out some clothes. "It starts at seven, so be ready to leave before then."