11: This Entire Chapter Is Almost All Dialogue. I'm Screaming.

"W-What was that?" Angelo asked.

"N-Nothing," Chris said quickly.

"No, Chris, what did you just say?" Angelo questioned.

"It was nothing important," Chris replied. "Just, go back to sleep."

"Chris, it was not nothing important, and we both know that," Angelo said seriously. "Tell me what you said to me."

"I... I said love you, alright," Chris exhaled. "I love you. There, I said it. I fucking love you, Ange."

"Chris, I... I don't know what to tell you," Angelo said softly.

"You don't have to say anything," Chris sighed. "Just... Just forget about it. Forget I ever even said anything."

"I can't just forget you saying something like that," Angelo protested.

"And why not?" Chris questioned.

"Because it was important," Angelo breathed out.

"How was it important to you?" Chris scoffed. "It's not like you feel the same. You've got a girlfriend, anyway."

"Listen just because I have a girlfriend doesn't make you telling me that you love me unimportant," Angelo argued.

"Well, it should," Chris responded. "My feelings for you shouldn't even matter to you. You have Kelly."

"They do matter to me, Chris," Angelo replied.

"Why?" Chris asked coldly.

"Because it's me that you have feelings for," Angelo reasoned. "It's me that you love. And that matters to me."

"Look, I know you don't feel the same for me, Ange, so let's just drop the subject," Chris sighed.

"You don't know that for sure," Angelo mumbled.

"Sure I do," Chris replied. "You love Kelly."

"That doesn't necessarily mean that I can't love you, too," Angelo said.

"What do you mean by that?" Chris inquired.

"It means exactly what I said," Angelo said, shaking his head a bit.

"Does... Does that mean you do feel the same?" Chris asked with wide eyes.

"You see, uh, that's the problem," Angelo exhaled. "I don't know."

"You don't know," Chris repeated. "What the fuck do you mean, you don't know?" he asked, raising his voice. "How can you not know?"

"I mean, I don't fucking know," Angelo retorted. "I don't know means I don't know. I can't tell yet."

"Yet?" Chris exclaimed. "You've known me for just about your entire life, and you're not sure how you feel about me yet? That's such bullshit!"

"No it's not," Angelo responded.

"Yes it is!" Chris argued. "I've known that I love you since sophomore year, and you still can't make up your mind as to how you feel about me. Why is it so difficult to figure it out?"

"Because the only person I've ever known how to love is Kelly," Angelo said, getting frustrated. "I've never experienced loving someone the way I love her."

"Oh, I see," Chris chuckled bitterly. "Kelly's in the way. What's new there? For almost as long as I've had feelings for you, she's always been in the way, and she still is. No surprise there."

A moment of silence washed over the two of them as they took some time to calm themselves down. Angelo brought himself to look at Chris, who had some tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I... I'm sorry," Angelo croaked out.

"Don't be," Chris muttered. "It's my fault we got into that argument. I shouldn't have said anything in the first place. If anyone should be sorry, it's me."

"No, I... I should've just kept pretending to be asleep, I guess," Angelo exhaled.

"No, you had a right to question me, and then I turned it into an argument," Chris sighed. "I'm sorry for acting like an asshole about Kelly, by the way. I know how much you care about her."

"It's fine," Angelo breathed out. "I must not care about her as much as I thought I did, though, considering the fact that I keep sleeping with you."

"Well, hey, like you said, it won't hurt her if she doesn't find out, right?" Chris responded.

"I guess so," Angelo replied. "But, what if she does find out?"

"She won't," Chris reassured him.

"But how do you know that?" Angelo asked.

"I don't," Chris sighed. "But I'm hoping that she won't. She would probably be devastated."

"I know," Angelo groaned, resting his head on Chris' shoulder. "Hey, uh, now that I know how you feel about me, are you sure you wanna keep messing around like this? I'd hate for you to think I'm leading you on or something."

"No, we can keep doing it," Chris nodded. "It's just kinda weird to have one of us love the other, and the other to feel nothing. But, then again, like you said before, you don't even know what you feel for me. So, I guess, in a way, you do feel something. You just don't know for sure what it is."

"I'm sorry," Angelo said again.

"It's not a big deal," Chris exhaled, lying through his teeth.

"Yes it is," Angelo replied. "I feel shitty about everything that happened over the break now."

"Don't," Chris responded. "I'm glad it all happened."

"You are?" Angelo asked.

"Yeah," Chris said with a small smile.

"It would be so much easier for me to figure out my feelings for you if Kelly wasn't around," Angelo sighed.

"Well, if you wanna figure it out so badly, then why don't you just break up with her?" Chris questioned. "Or, at least, just take a short break?"

"I can't do that to her, Chris," Angelo responded, shaking his head. "I don't want to break her heart."

"Well, you already have, by being unfaithful," Chris pointed out. "She just doesn't know it yet."

"I guess you're right," Angelo grumbled.

"I am right," Chris chuckled.

"Look, Chris, I'm sorry, but I can't leave Kelly," Angelo exhaled. "At least, not right now."

"That's fine," Chris replied. "I understand. You guys have been together for a while, and you guys love each other, I know. I get it, you don't want to hurt her. It's okay."

"You sure?" Angelo asked.

"Of course I'm not," Chris replied. "But, don't let my feelings for you get in the way of your relationship with Kelly."

"I'll do my best," Angelo chuckled. "But I just can't help but wish I could tell you how I feel about you, because I feel like you would deserve to know. But, even I don't know how I feel about you."

"That's okay, Ange," Chris replied. "You'll figure it out eventually."

"Yeah, I know," Angelo nodded. "And as soon as I'm sure, you'll be the next one to know."

"Sounds good to me, Ange," Chris chuckled. "Now, come on, let's stop talking about this and get some sleep."

"Yeah, I like that idea," Angelo nodded, laying back down. Chris followed suit, draping his arm around the smaller boy as they both fell asleep.