12: Kelly Becomes The Girl From The 'Jake From Statefarm' Commercial

Although Angelo still wasn't quite sure of his feelings for Chris, he still made sure to give him a call every night. He realized how little time he spent with Chris outside of school since he and Kelly got together, and he decided to make a change. Sure phone calls weren't the same as hanging out in person every couple days like they used to do, but it was good enough for both of them. Especially for Chris, but that was mainly due to the fact that he was finally getting more time with the guy he loved.

Angelo had already been on the phone with Chris for twenty five minutes, and he knew that they were nowhere close to finishing their conversation. They could always talk for hours at a time, if they wanted. Tonight, however, was the night after their little argument, so of course, their conversation was a little bit more than friendly.

Now, Angelo thought that Kelly was asleep in the bedroom, which was the room next door. However, she was still awake, tossing and turning, and she could hear the things that Angelo was saying. She began to listen in on the conversation- well, the part she could actually hear, anyway- and soon became curious as to who exactly Angelo was talking to. She had believed it was Chris, as usual, but she was beginning to get a bit confused, with the things that Angelo was saying to whoever he was on the phone with.

"Look, I know it's not right," she heard Angelo sigh. "But, I still can't just leave her. I do want to try something with you, though, some time. Something besides fucking. Like, maybe, some kind of a date."

Kelly didn't know what to feel when she heard Angelo say those words. She was angry and upset, she wanted to rip Angelo apart, and break down and sob at the same time. She had thought that Angelo really loved her, but apparently she was wrong. If he really loved her, he wouldn't be fucking somebody behind her back, and she knew that.

She began to get out of bed, quietly though, so that Angelo wouldn't hear her. She tiptoed her way to the next room, ready to confront him. Angelo's back was to the doorway when she walked in, so he had no idea that she was there yet. She silently walked over to him, tapping him on the shoulder with a smirk. "Who are you talking to?" She asked. "And don't even think about making a 'Jake from State Farm' joke."

"Oh, uh, it's just Chris," Angelo answered.

"Oh, really?" Kelly questioned. "Because, I heard some of the things you were saying while I was in the bedroom, and they sure as hell didn't sound like things you would be saying to Chris."

"Yeah, Chris, look, I'll talk to you tomorrow," Angelo said quickly, hanging up before Chris could reply.

"Now, I already asked you, but I'll ask again," Kelly started. "Who were you just talking to?"

"I told you," Angelo responded. "It was Chris."

"So you were fucking Chris behind my back?" Kelly scoffed. "Yeah, okay, sure."

"How much of the conversation did you actually hear?" Angelo inquired, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, not much," Kelly huffed. "Just the parts about how you've been cheating on me, but you just can't leave me, and that you've been fucking somebody behind my back. Who the fuck was it?"

"I told you already," Angelo sighed.

"No, you didn't," Kelly protested.

"Yes, I did," Angelo responded. "It was Chris."

"It was Chris," Kelly repeated. "You... You were having sex with... With Chris? You expect me to believe that?"

"Yeah..." Angelo nodded. "But, we didn't mean for that to start."

"That doesn't change anything, Ange!" Kelly exclaimed. "It was still cheating, no matter who started it, or how it started."

"I know," Angelo breathed out.

"I can't believe you would cheat on me," Kelly said. "After all we've been through together."

"I know," Angelo repeated. "Chris even tried to talk me out of it, but I didn't listen. I'm sorry."

"Sorry doesn't just magically fix it, Angelo," Kelly sighed. "And I'll bet that you were cheating on me last night, too, while you were at his house to 'just hang out and watch movies.' You were, weren't you?"

"Yes..." Angelo mumbled.

"I can't believe you," Kelly sneered.

"Chris... Chris told me, last night, that... That he loves me," Angelo said softly.

"And how is that supposed to change anything?" Kelly asked.

"It's not," Angelo said, shaking his head. "I just... I just thought you should know, I guess. That's all."

"Wait," Kelly began. "Is that why he looked so sad when he was dropping you off the other day? Because you two had been, well, fucking and whatnot, and he was upset that he had to let you go again?"

"Maybe," Angelo answered. "I mean, I it makes a lot of sense, now that I know how he feels about me."

"Can I ask you something?" Kelly asked quietly.

"Of course," Angelo nodded.

"Do you know how you feel about him?" She questioned.

"I... No, no I don't," Angelo exhaled. "I wish I knew, though. And I told him that last night."

"Well, you said you didn't wanna stop messing around with him, so, that has to mean something," Kelly reasoned.

"I guess so," Angelo shrugged.

"Look, what's getting in the way of you figuring out your feelings?" Kelly asked. "What's stopping you from figuring out how you feel about Chris?"

"You are," Angelo spoke softly.

"Of course," Kelly sighed. "Of course it's me. I'm sorry, Ange."

"No, you don't need to be," Angelo exhaled. "It's my fault we're in this mess, anyway. I was the one who initiated all the kissing and the sex with Chris."

"Maybe we should just break up," Kelly suggested, shaking her head sadly.

"A-Are you sure?" Angelo asked. "I don't want to hurt you. That's why I never brought this up before."

"You've already hurt me enough, Ange," Kelly sighed. "We probably should've broken up earlier, before you had the chance to cheat on me, but I guess that's what it took to really open our eyes. It would be best for us to go our separate ways. I've been blinding you from seeing who it is you really love, and I think it's about time that stopped."

"Kelly, what do you mean?" Angelo inquired.

"I mean, you love Chris. You just can't see it because loving me got in the way," Kelly explained. "Trust me, you'll realize it soon. But, it's clear to me now that I'm not the one you want. Chris is."

(A/N: Just so you guys know, the next chapter of this fic will be the last chapter.)