Chapter 6

Chapter 6:

I almost pounded on the door, the whole house shaking slightly as I took my anger out on it. I had dropped Nate off at my sister’s house, before breaking all the speed limits, as I drove over to Angela, Noah’s mum’s house.

“Oh darling, what’s wrong?” I fell into Angela’s arms when she opened the door for me, as she soothed me like I was a young child. As I sat on the flower patterned sofa, I looked at all the family pictures that covered the Anderson family home. There were black and white photographs as Noah as a baby, grinning from ear to ear as he is being held by his dad. There were also ones there of him with his siblings. Him being the youngest, he was always the one getting tickled or entertained to keep him whilst the shots were being taken, whilst his older siblings stood perfectly, doing as they were told.

“So darling, to what do I owe this great honour of you visiting me then?” Angela asked me, placing a tray of teas and biscuits on the wooden coffee table in front of me. I wasn’t hungry though, too upset to even think about eating.

I leant into her shoulder as she rubbed my arm, sensing something was up. “I saw Noah the other day. He knows about Nathan.” I burst into tears, remembering Noah leaving us at the hospital, and him kissing some beauty, moments after h told me he loved me and I was the only one for him!

“Oh honey, please don’t get upset over my son! He’s not worth it! I learnt that a long time ago” I sniffed, pulling away from Angela to reach for my tea, “what has he done now?” She asked, offering me a biscuit.

“I had to take Nate to the hospital and Blake and Bella came with me after I had to interview them for my job, then Noah was at the hospital,” Angela sucked in a breath, mixing in her sugar with her milk for her tea with a lot more force than was needed, “but he was only there because he had heard about Bella going into hospital and he thought something was wrong with her, because she is pregnant. He saw me, saw Nathan, put two and two together, fell in love with his son, then, as we were leaving, walked away from us saying he ‘couldn’t do it’.” I took a breath, just realising I had been holding it throughout my whole speech.

“Oh dear, how awful of him. I thought I raised him better than that.” She gave me a weak smile, obviously embarrassed by her son’s behaviour.

“I then went to Blake and Bella’s house, and he confessed his love for me. But I’m not that weak 17 year old girl anymore Angela! I don’t know if I want him back, considering what he was like when we were younger. And now there’s Nathan, and I can’t have his Daddy letting him down all the time too; it’s not fair, he’s only three!” I stood up, making some tea trickle down my hand, burning it slightly. “I don’t know if I ever want to see him again Angie! He messed me around when we were young and I’m sick of his behaviour! He declared his love for me, and down in the apartment lobby, Nathan sees him kissing the face of some other woman!”

“Oh my, he’s an awful boy. All the fame has gone to his head, and all the female attention too, for being Hollywood’s Greatest Thing” She shook her head, and went over to look at the photos covering the wall. “He used to be so kind and caring, always putting others before himself. He’d talk to anyone, shared his toys with strangers, and would always have a smile on his face. Those were the days when he would talk to me, his own Mother. And to think he’s back in England, and hasn’t even come to visit me in his childhood home.” Tears trickled down her face, starting off slowly, before Angela was sobbing into my shoulder, staining it with her tears.