Chapter 26

Chapter 26:

Noah’s POV

“You know how I feel about Rose, don’t you Dad?” I asked my father as we were sat in my office.

“Well, I’ve begun to notice how much you do, and I can see you care deeply for her son,” my dad responded, looking a little unsure of how this conversation is going to go…

“I really like her, so much. She’s the mother of my children for one, and two, I’ve begun to feel for her in a way I never thought was even possible! I mean, if she asks me to do something,  I’ll do it! Or, if I see her smile, my mood is immediately lifted and my day brightens. It’s crazy Dad!” I told him, smiling to myself as I thought of Rose.

“Love,” My Dad simply said, looking at me directly in the eyes.

“What?” I asked him, confused.

“What you’ve just explained to me is love. I can see that now, extremely clearly. When you talk about Rose, you become the man that I raised, not the one who let all of his fame get to his head. You’ve become the better man, and that’s all because of Rose.”

I looked at him, and he looked pleased. He wasn’t so weary as he was when he first came in to my office. I think me, his youngest son, (and the one who has caused the most problems recently) has made him proud.

“What is the relationship status between you two then?” My father asked me.

It made me think. Is Rose and me an official couple, like boyfriend and girlfriend? I don’t think we have even discussed anything like that, it just, happened. We live together, have two kids and act like a married couple, so I guess we should discuss our relationship with eachother.

“We haven’t actually said what we are to eachother, officially,” I told my Dad, which resulted in him raising his eyebrows.

“Well, I think that you should decide what you are. Your mother and I assumed you were in a relationship together. I don’t think you should tell her you’re not, then the idea of a wedding will seem further away for her.”

“Dad, that’s actually what I originally came in to talk to you about. As almost everyone knows, I want to make Rose my wife and for us to be a complete family, and I want to know how to ask her in the most romantic of ways,” I said, resting my head on the back of the couch on which we were sat.

“Noah, you can’t really propose to a girl who you aren’t in a relationship with,” he pointed out.

“Well, I guess we’re seeing eachother…” I told him, shrugging my shoulders.

“Seeing? So, does that mean that you’re sort of together then?” My Dad asked, a confused expression masking his face. I nodded in reply.