Chapter 20

Chapter 20:

NOAH’S POV:

“Dude, what did you do to her?” I shouted at Flynn as the woman was on the floor, gasping for breath. I ran over to her and pulled her up into a sitting position, helping her to breathe properly.

“She deserved it! That baby should be mine!” He screamed back, kicking the door. I looked down at her, her eyes closed and her forehead creased; she’s beautiful. I searched my mind for any memory of ever meeting her, but came up blank. I would definitely remember meeting someone like her; yet, her son did look an awful lot like me.

“We need to call an ambulance, Flynn.” I ordered, as I placed the girl’s head in the crook of my arm and felt her forehead for a temperature.

“No! Leave her like she is! I want her to die!” The door to the office flew open and in walked the boss from earlier and some security. The woman’s eyes fell on Jade and she ran over to her, feeling her stomach.

“Rose’s baby is fine.” She mumbled to herself. She looked up at me, her green eyes meeting my blue ones. “I’m Jade, Rose’s boss. I heard the whole interview from my office through the machine over there.” She told me, pointing to a huge recording machine in the corner.

“What did you hear?” I asked, as I watched Flynn struggle as two burly guards gripped onto him and pushed him out of the room.

“Enough to realise that Rose was in danger.” Jade answered. “An ambulance is on the way. We heard her scream out in pain and didn’t hesitate to call the emergency services. They should be hear any minute.” Jade stood up and walked over to a cupboard behind Rose’s desk. She pulled out a thick, knitted blanket and draped it over Rose’s body.

“I feel so bad for not remembering anything…” I told Jade after we sat in an awkward silence for a little while.

“Everyone knows you have amnesia, Noah. Don’t beat yourself up over it. It’ll all come back to you one day, like a jigsaw, you just need to find those important pieces.” She said, as she patted my back.

“Rose Holland?” I looked over to the doorway and saw two paramedics rush into the room and take Rose from me. For some reason, I didn’t like the feeling I had when she was taken from my arms.

“There’s part of the first piece.” Jade said as she noticed my facial expression.

I followed the paramedics out of the room, as Rose was carried away on a stretcher.

“Have you informed her family?” I asked Jade as we jogged out of the room and into the posh, glass lift that the paramedics patiently held for us.

“I called them on my way to Rose’s office. I also called her friends Blake and Belle.”