Chapter 15

Chapter 15:

“Are you alright honey?” Belle asked me; curiously, as I practically stuffed the roast dinner she had made me down my throat. “You seem to be eating incredibly fast. It happens to be quite disgusting to watch actually.” She said as she scrunched up her nose and looked at Blake who just chuckled at her reaction.

Belle had been released from the hospital about a few weeks ago and she was getting stronger every day. Yes, she was heartbroken; we all were, but she tried to show everyone she wasn’t and that made me feel so proud of her. She is an excellent role model.

I am now officially 14 weeks pregnant, and I still haven’t told Blake or Bells. I have covered my slight bump with a stylish baggy dress that doesn’t show anything. It would break their hearts into tiny pieces if I told them now, and I especially couldn’t do that, considering they were recovering from the loss of their child so well.

“Mumma’s eating like a pig!” Nathan shouted from his booster next to me, as we all sat around the table in Blake’s apartment enjoying a friendly British meal.

“Hey, buddy, don’t say that about your Mummy.” Noah lightly scolded, as he placed some more vegetables on Nate’s plate.

“I don’t want any vedgegetabables…” Nate babbled on, his forehead scrunching up as he tried to say the big, long word.

Noah simply ignored him, however, and placed some broccoli, carrots and peas on his little kiddies plate, arranging it all in the shape of a smiley face.

“Come on darling, eat up. There’s a good boy,” I encouraged, as Nathan started to put some carrots onto his fork. I smiled at him, before turning back to my own plate and loading it up with some more chicken and vegetables.

“I don’t think I have ever seen you eat so much.” Blake said as he pushed the wine bottle over to me, urging me to have some.

“Ahh, no thanks Blake. I don’t want to be seen getting drunk in front of Nathan. As you might remember, I’m a bit of a lightweight.” I said, chuckling at the memories.

“Doesn’t this remind you of old times?” Bella blurted out, as she pushed her food around the plate. “Well, without Nathan, of course, but he can be in our little group as well!”

“And Uncle Flynn!” Nate squealed, clapping his hands together and squirming in his seat.

“No son, not Flynn.” Noah said as he pulled Nathan out of the booster and placing him on his lap. Nathan turned his head into his Daddy’s chest and just rested it there, looking at all of us.

I gave Nathan a small smile and then continued to eat my lunch. Flynn hadn’t really spoken to us since he found out I was pregnant. My Mum had given us the silent treatment too and at first it hurt me, but I then realised that I love my baby already and if my Mum can’t accept it, then so what? My bubsy is going to have tons of people who love them and care for them. It’s her loss, right?

“So, anything exciting happened to you in the weeks when we didn’t really talk much?” Bella questioned as she wiped her mouth with her handkerchief and set her cutlery on her plate to show she had finished..