Chapter 9

I reached the kitchen in a matter of seconds. I came to an abrupt stop, as all the eyes were on me. Bella was sat down on the stool; whist Blake has his arms wrapped around her. Noah just turned to look at me, before his eyes averted to Flynn behind me. The room suddenly turned to awkward, as Noah realised that his ex-girlfriend had been with one of his best mates. Noah’s glare turned into a scowl, his eyebrows furrowing into eachother, creating the serious, scary look.

“What news can you give us officer?” I questioned the man stood in the black and white police uniform at the end of the counter in the kitchen. He took a deep breath before he began.

“Well, what we are dealing here is very serious, as you well know, but your son has been spotted in several different locations, but not anywhere near the person who the fingerprints belong to.” He looked down at his notes, skimming his finger across the paper before looking back up at us again. I moved to stand next to Bella, and she put her arms around my middle, as she sat on the stool.

“How come you didn’t bring Nathan back to us if you saw him? Surely if you did that, we wouldn’t be having this problem now. My son would be running around here having a laugh. No, now he’s being dragged around by some stranger who is probably frightening him to bits!” Noah argued. I could see the rise and fall of his muscled chest as he spoke, his nostrils flaring. My heart warmed at the part where he said ‘my son’, it made me have some hope that maybe, just maybe, Nate will be able to have his true father figure in his life, even if his parents aren’t together. I looked over at Flynn, and he gave me a small smile of reassurance, making me give a slight nod in return.

“Sir, we would’ve taken him into your care immediately, but it unfortunately isn’t that simple for us. You have been receiving threats through the mail, and we have intercepted them before they could have reached you both. Someone you, Miss Holland seem to know very well is the person in the middle of this whole scandal. This person is secret among the public. Your sister, Tilly ma’am, has been the one who has been sending threats, and she is also the one who kidnapped your son. However, she has not once been seen with the child.” I gasped, and my hands were shaking as I gripped hold of the expensive surface in front of me. My eyes welled up, and I started sobbing, the tears rolling down my face uncontrollably.

“Rose, at least they have a lead to where Nate is.” Blake said to me, patting me lightly on the back. I turned to him, sniffing slightly.

“I know, but didn’t you hear the officer? He said that Tilly hasn’t been with Nate since the kidnapping! He’s probably out there with some horrible person Tilly knows, or has hired!” I almost screamed, feeling the urge to bang my head against the worktop.

“We’ll find him Miss, you can guarantee that. I have men and women out there now searching for him, finding new leads to where he is by the hour. He’ll be back here, like you said Sir,” The policeman said, looking over to Noah for a second, “running round extremely soon. If you could please leave everything to us, and not contact any of your family, including Tilly, we think this whole situation could go a lot quicker if you left it to us. We recommend you stay here, with everyone.” He got up out of the seat, and walked towards the front door, tipping his hat at Noah and I as he passed us.

“Rose, could I talk to you for a minute?” I looked up, to see Noah looking at me, his blue eyes piercing into mine.