Chapter 25

“He’s just so precious!” Belle cooed as she pulled faces at my youngest son as he sat in his bouncer in the kitchen. We had been home a few days since I gave birth, and Belle had been around all the time.  She had been a great help, and I couldn’t wait for her bundle of joy to finally arrive.

“He’s a good boy. I am so proud of him!” I replied as I walked over to my baby and kissed him, making him smile slightly.

“I am too,” I turned round and saw Noah walk into the kitchen, carrying Nathan. I greeted my boys with kisses on their cheeks and turned to walk away, but Noah snaked his arms around my waist and pulled me in for a hug, resting his chin on the top of my head.

“I’m proud of you too baby,” I told Nate, as I ruffled his hair, causing him to squirm in his Daddy’s arms and want to be put on the floor.

“How is my little boy today then?” Noah asked as he walked over to the bouncer and pulled our baby into his arms, rocking him from side to side very gently. I joined him, placing my finger in our son’s hand and watching him grab onto it, tightly.

“Tommy is just fine. He’s been sleeping like a gem, hardly crying” I replied, before walking to the kitchen worktop and starting dinner. I pulled out the packet of spaghetti from the cupboard and began mixing together a sauce.

“Tommy? Is that his new nickname?” Belle asked us, her eyes going wide.

“It’s what Nathan has been calling him, and it’s just stuck. When he’s older we might call him Tom. Who knows?” I said, shrugging my shoulders, before turning back to the stove.

Tommy started gurgling then, wriggling about in Noah’s arms, his face becoming all scrunched up.

“Daddy, is he okay?” Nate asked, his face a picture of worry.

“He’s fine buddy, just hungry; or tired; or needs a nappy change…” Noah replied, listing off all of the possibilities. “I think it’s Mummy’s turn at the moment,” Noah teased, walking over to me.

“Nu-huh Noah, I’m busy at the moment, and he’s your son too! You can see what’s bothering him. I can’t do a million things at once,” I said, turning back to the stove and mixing the sauce in with the pasta that looked cooked.

“I was joking Rose, I was going to sort him out anyway. Who wouldn’t want to be around him; want to help Daddy Nathan?” Noah asked Nate, to which he responded with a huge grin and jumped up and down on the spot, before running up the stairs to the nursery.

I laughed at how happy Nathan was towards his brother.

“How is my new grandbaby? Where is Thomas Sean Anderson?” I looked towards the doorway to see Angela, Noah’s mum stood there with two huge gift bags. I pointed up stairs, but instead of walking up there, she came over to me and wrapped me in a hug. “I’m so happy!” She cried, wiping away the tears that were rolling down her face.

“So am I! Would you like to stay for tea? It’s only pasta I’m afraid, nothing too special.” I wasn’t expecting any visitors today, and then was surprised when Belle showed up on our doorstep, and now Noah’s family. Wait family?