Back at Hogwarts

3rd POV

Harry, Ron, and Hermione were in class.

Severus Snape's class, to be exact.

Having cancelled Harry's lessons on blocking his mind, Snape did his best to either ignore him, or make his life horrible.

He was able to do both at the same time quite often.

Like this lesson for example. Snape had put a potion on the board and told the class to make it. Hermione, as always, did almost perfect. Harry and Ron on the other hand, did not.

Harry's looked especially wrong. But he took it to mean he wasn't finished.

Snape came around glancing at each potion, but when he got to Harry's, his nose crinkled. "Potter, what do you think that is?"

Harry gritted his teeth. "A potion, sir."

Snape snorted. "If this is a potion, I'm a unicorn. Tell me, Potter, did you use all the ingredients?"

Harry stared at the board. "I forgot the wormwood."

Snape clicked his tongue. "Well, then it seems you must do it again." He tapped Harry's cauldron with his wand and it emptied.

Harry internally cursed at Snape.

While Potions was interesting, it was Divination that took the prize for weird.

After his interview for The Quibbler, Trelawney had made sure to make Harry's prophecies to better his health, but since Trelawney had been replaced by Firenze, a centaur, because Umbridge couldn't stop her meddling, those prophecies had become slightly more realistic.

At the end of the next Divination lesson, Umbridge had cornered Harry to ask about Percy.

"I can't help but notice the boy has been gone for quite some time. He's not in the infirmary, so I can only assume he had to drop out. A pity. He's already missed so much education. And he just had to leave when it was becoming what it should."

Harry bit back a retort. "I can only guess. He didn't tell me anything about why." Short and sweet. Maybe he could get away faster.

"Well, like I said, a pity. If you do happen to be in contact with him again, tell him the Ministry would love to speak with him. It's not often we have people drop out of Hogwarts after they've only just joined! We were all quite puzzled."

"I can imagine," Harry said, still fighting the wondrous insults he had thought up.

"Well, I must be on my way," the overly pink toad announced. "My classes cannot wait. Mr. Potter," she said in farewell, and then proceeded to her class.

Harry sagged against the wall in relief.

The only thought going through his head was a song he wished was true.

Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

It is not true. Not yet at least. I don't know if it will be.

Love y'all

Samigirl