Rubber Snakes and Annoying Grandsons

Percy stared at the chest's contents.

None of them made sense.

There was a locket, a rubber snake, a plastic chalice, a Made in China diadem, a run down, blank diary, a fake gold ring, and a picture of...

Harry Potter?

What on Gaea did any of that have in common? What was the point of the chest full of kids' toys and a shrine to Harry Potter?

This whole room was supposed to have something to do with his family. Percy felt drawn to the wooden chest, therefore assuming it was Voldemort's part.

Harry Potter could be explained. Voldemort did after all almost die from him, so that's a given. But the rubber snake? The fake, cheap Walmart items? Who even organized Percy's family history. They must've given up a while ago on his dad's side.

Percy scrunched his mouth to one side. He didn't understand any of this, but they did make sense in a twisted way. Percy felt they all belonged together. For what reason, he did not know.

Percy flew over every memory he had of Voldemort. What he'd been told, what he'd seen when he was Percy-napped, anything he could think of.

Percy was about to give up; after all, if you can only remember a baby blue beanbag, there probably wasn't much else.

In his frustration, Percy grabbed the rubber snake and was about to throw it across the room. But right before he did, he noticed something.

Its eyes.

Normally, when you see a snakes' eyes, you see black specks among their head. On this snake, the eyes were clearly a bright red.

Percy's mind flashed back through his stay with Grandpa V. While he didn't recall any red, the sight of the color in the snake's eyes made him pause. Red often associated with evil, like black did.

Voldemort was evil.

Voldemort had a snake that looked almost identical to the rubber one still clutched in Percy's hand, which was prepared to throw it at the wall.

Snake. Voldemort. Alive. Harry Potter.

The words swam through Percy's head like a puzzle that was missing the final, key piece.

He knew he was missing something.

Percy knew Dumbledore still wasn't at Hogwarts.

If Percy could track him down, he could get answers.

Percy looked over his find. He really didn't want to leave after everything he went through to get here. Falling off a ledge, meeting a rainbow turtle, meeting said rainbow turtle's children, Percy had been through a lot to get to this information, and he couldn't even leave satisfied kneeling that he found his answer. If he left, he couldn't return. At least, not in time to fight Voldemort. And there was no guarantee that Dumbledore could even help Percy.

Percy took a deep breath and looked around the room.

Surely it couldn't hurt to look a little longer.

Voldemort couldn't believe it. He hadn't felt a pull like that since he created the horcruxes. Did he accidentally create another one? Or maybe...

Maybe one was destroyed.

That was always an option. Voldemort thought he'd feel more, but the last time a horcrux was destroyed, he wasn't exactly physical, so it was very possible that this was the feeling of one being destroyed.

Who knew what was going on? Voldemort could have created another horcrux, one could have been destroyed, or maybe he just really needed to poop, but it wasn't like Voldemort knew what was going on.

Face scrunched up thoughtfully, Voldemort grabbed at copy of The Daily Prophet and went to the bathroom.

Maybe it was just my burrito.

...

So. Here I am.

Months later.

Yeah, sorry about that.

I actually had everything but the Voldemort section written, but I forgot about it.

I'm sorry it's so short for taking so long. I'd promise to speed things up but I don't want to lie again.

:)

Anyway, hope you enjoyed!

Samigirl