Of the DA and Diapers

It took Neville about ten minutes to wake up from his impromptu faint, and, during that time, Percy was wandering around the room.

He hadn't been at Hogwarts since at least Christmas break, and the school year was almost over by now. He'd done what he left for, but now he had to help Harry solve the problem that Percy just had to dig up.

Horcruxes! What kind of sicko splits his soul seven times to stay alive? Some of the artifacts were destroyed or collected without anyone knowing what they were, so wouldn't that be dangerous for Voldemort? Why would he split his soul into items he can't keep track of twenty four/seven? There was something Percy was missing here, and he wasn't a fan of being left in the dark.

But Albus had made it clear that Harry had to be the one to do this; that Harry was the Chosen One, and therefore this was Harry's mess.

Great, Percy thought. I leave hoping to be helpful and just add to his workload. Sorry, Harry. Guess you can't escape responsibility.

It was in the middle of this thought that Neville joined the land of the living again.

"Ugh," he moaned. "What..." he stopped speaking as his eyes fell upon Percy. Not caring that he just fainted, Neville stood up and walked over to Percy. He poked him once, then punched him in the arm.

"Oof!" Percy gasped. He almost laughed at the deja-vu experience. First Harry, now Neville? What was Hogwarts doing to these people? Or maybe it was Percy's fault...

"I can't believe you just up and left!" Neville yelled. "What were you thinking? You could have been killed or captured by Voldemort! That last we heard or saw of you was when we saw you on the cover of a paper next to the Great Wall! What were you doing?"

Percy blinked at the sudden onslaught of questions, not having expected Neville to get that worked up. "Woah. Calm down, dude. I'm fine, wasn't kidnapped. I admit, I almost died, but I didn't! So everything's fine. I needed to figure something out. Family stuff. But now I need to speak to Harry. Do you know where he is?"

Neville froze. "Family stuff?"

Percy looked at Neville warily. "Yeah. I had a few theories about what my big Grandpa V was up to, and I had to check it out. Turns out I had family in China or something, I don't know how I even discovered the Great Wall could hold family secrets. But it does! But, now Harry. Where is he?"

Neville squirmed as he answered. "The DA meeting just ended. He's probably in the Great Hall getting dinner or in Gryffindor tower by now. I can check the Hall if needed."

"Yeah," Percy muttered. "You should probably be the one to do that. Okay, then. I'll check the tower. If he's not in the Hall then meet me at the tower. He's likely there. Or maybe the forest. Doesn't Hagrid have a half-brother?"

"Huh?" Neville asked, confused.

"Never mind. Just go and see if you can find him."

Neville and Percy went their separate ways, and little did Percy know he wouldn't see Harry until the next DA meeting, which was destined to be compromised.

Big Grandpa V was sitting at a dining table with a snake on top. The snake was alive, but the man sitting across from Big V wasn't.

The man's name was Lee Chi Zu, and he had helped Perseus Jackson out while he was in China.

Voldemort had learned of Perseus's whereabouts the same way the Golden Trio did, and it only made him worried when he realized there were only two things that could possibly be of interest to Perseus.

Authentic fried rice and other Chinese foods or family history and artifacts.

Voldemort placed his money on the family history after he felt that pain a small while ago (before that he'd been hoping for to-go). He knew what Perseus had discovered, and he was not happy about any of the information that could have been gained.

Voldemort had interrogated several Chinese people until he found Lee Chi Zu. Lee had sold the hotel room Perseus stayed in.

Lee was also able to tell Voldemort one other interesting fact about Perseus: there was a book series about his life.

Voldemort had to admit, he was a little jealous. He wanted a book series about his accomplishments! About his glory and power! Big V had decided that the next time he saw Perseus, he would ask the best publishing company to go through. He would send Lucius with the written words to the chosen company. And if the company didn't accept, they would all die! How exciting!

And on the actually written book part, that was already covered. Voldemort had been writing in his (completely manly, black and green) diary since before Hogwarts. He'd been planning evil stuff since he was out of diapers. Curse those cloth or plasticy things those pesky people put on him! Curse them all! And Voldemort could easily curse them. He just hadn't yet. But he did plan on jinxing them all. Probably with a curse that makes them feel like they are now wearing diapers! Although, most of them are old by now. Maybe they're already in diapers again...

Ah, he'd cross that scary looking bridge with Death waiting on the other side when he got to it. Until then, Perseus better think up some good publishing companies,
and Harry Potter better watch his back.