The Mistake He Didn't Know He Made

(I'll use some lyrics from the song above later, but you'll be singing that part. It'll make sense, and there is another song later on so look out for it. Thanks for reading this!)

~ y/n's POV ~

Lucky for me, Undyne and I became friends, even when she tried to capture and kill me...3 times. Papyrus stopped her each time, and I'm very grateful he did.

They both taught me skills on how to make spaghetti, even though all the spaghetti we made was burned or caught on fire. Undyne used her fists every time to 'cut' up the tomatoes, and now the front of my shirt is covered in very well smashed tomatoes. I kept insisting her on using a knife that Papyrus let me use to cut up my tomatoes, but she said that would only put me in danger of losing a head. I took Undyne's word for it and continued to cut my tomatoes. We had to leave early since Pap was afraid Sans was getting worried and I agreed. He promised to take me back and I couldn't wait, since Undyne is really cool to be around.

We were about halfway home when Pap started talking.

"HUMAN, I MEAN Y/N-" I cut him off.

"Pap, just call me whatever makes you comfortable." I looked up at him, "You don't have to call me by my name."

"OK, BUT I SHALL STILL CALL YOU Y/N, SINCE THAT IS IN FACT YOU NAME. THE GREAT PAPYRUS WOULDN'T WANT TO FORGET YOUR NAME."

"Thanks, now what was you saying before I interrupted you, Pap?"

"OH YES. SANS AND I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU TONIGHT!" I blushed.

"Pap, you guys don't have to, really-"

"BUT SANS INSISTS ON IT, AND HE DOESN'T BREAK HIS PROMISES."

I leaned over and hugged him, getting a little tomato sauce on his chest plate(?). "Thanks."

"IT'S NO PROBLEM AT ALL Y/N. YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT FRIEND, AND I'M VERY GLAD I DIDN'T TURN YOU INTO THE ROYAL GUARD."

"Yeah," I replied, letting go, "is there any other way you can get into the Royal Guard without-"

"NOT THAT YOU'VE REMINDED ME, I THINK I'VE FORGOTTEN SOMETHING AT UNDYNE'S HOUSE. YOU DON'T MIND GOING ON WITHOUT ME, DO YOU?"

"Not at all Paps."

"GREAT! IF YOU NEED ANYTHING, JUST CALL ME ON YOUR CELL PHONE." (LATE NIGHT WHEN YOU NEED MY LOVE!!! Couldn't help it, lol!)

"Alright Pap."

We stopped so Papyrus could turn and head back. When he did, the wind started to pick up and something red came flying at me. It was Papyrus's scarf. I ran over and grabbed it.

"PAP!" I called, but he was long gone.

I also realized that I never gave Papyrus his knife back, and it was still covered in tomatoes.

I hope this doesn't look bad, I thought as I headed for their house.

-----

~ Sans's POV ~

It had been awhile since Pap told me that he picked up y/n and headed for Undyne's place. I asked him to come home so we could surprise y/n with that someone-Toriel had felt super horrible that she kicked y/n out, so we invited her back to our place to see y/n again, since it had been, what, a few weeks?

I was about halfway from the house when I saw something. It was a person, more like y/n. I was going to say hi, but the wind from earlier stopped, and all the blowing snow faded away. I looked at her and instantly remembered all the past timelines.