It's All Crashing Down

I started to breath heavy and fell on my knees, blood coming from the sides of my mouth. Sans screamed my name multiple times, but I kept my gaze on what was my friend, Frisk.

It looked like he was so sorry for what he did, then his face seemed to glitch it a happy, distorted face.

"YoU dOn'T lOoK tO gOoD, y/n." They said. "jUsT lIkE wHeN i DiD iT tO-"

They cut themself off, their face glitching from a crying one to a mad and confused one.

"I DON'T HAVE CONTROL!" a familiar voice yelled. "GIVE IT BACK - AAAAAH!"

They then held the sides of their head and a light consumed them. Once it faded, Frisk stood there, lightheaded, then fell on his face. Chara was also standing in front of his body.

"Ch-Chara?" I asked weakly.

"YES, YOU FREAKING IDIOT!" She sounded enraged. Chara looked back at Frisk, laying face first on the ground.

"HE TOOK CONTROL AGAIN! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!" She turned back to me.

"YOU . . . .

"I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!!"

Chara ran for me in her human form, but Sans launched an attack where bones shot out of the ground and launched themselves into Chara's stomach, one penitrating her SOUL.

Chara screamed from pain then stopped squirming and leaned over, dead. Her SOUL, a black heart, rose from her body and broke into a million pieces.

I grew weaker and layed down on the ground, Sans right there next to me, tears welding in both of our eyes.

"why did you do that, kid?" He asked.

I chuckled a little. "Cause I love you . . . ya dumb dumb."

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"please tell me you saved."

I looked at him confused. "SAVED? What's . . . that?"

"ya know." Sans sighed. "have you seen those little yellow things floating around here?" I nodded.

"those are like checkpoints. if you get near one, you can save all of the progress you've made, like a game.

"and if you died, then where you last saved, you would, like respawn there.

"tell me saved, at least once."

I sadly nodded. "Didn't know what those things were . . . I never messed with them."

Sans sighed again. "here, i'll help you get to one."

He started to pick me up, but I winced from the pain of the super deep cut. More blood began to spill from the gash in my stomach.

"dang it," He said, laying me back down. "i'm so sorry."

"It's . . . ok."

I winced from more pain sering through my stomach and Sans cried ever more while I joined him.

"I think . . . my time is nearing." I said, holding him as close as I could without hurting myself.

"don't say that." Sans leaned down and kissed me and I tried to make it long and meaningful, but I always ran low on air.

"you know what." He said after we finally pulled apart. "i'll make an exception, just for you, this one time.

"reset."