chapter ten

Hey guys! I'm so glad that you like this book! Seriously! Thanks a bunch! Thanks for your patience too!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

"Oooooh, Zeref's got a date with Mavisssss!" Luke sang. The boy who seemed to be Zeref blushed and punched Luke's shoulder.

"I-idiot!" He protested with a red face. He then looked at his watch. "I've gotta go, see ya Luke. I'll come at 9."

"Bye dude," Luke replied.

Shawn held the door open as Zeref waved bye at Luke, and then me. I was shocked, I thought that he thought that I was different!

Shawn closed the door behind Zeref. He then left after winking at me once again. I sighed.

"Lucy."

I spun around.

"Natsu."

Lucy's POV

Lucy's POV

We stared at each other in silence.

Time passed by. Nobody seemed to move, except a spazzing Shawn in the corner of the foyer, near the entrance of one of the living rooms. Don't even ask why. Maybe it was a magazine, but you could never know with Shawn.

I flitted my gaze back to Natsu, who's gaze had unnervingly never left my face. I looked side to side, disturbed from Shawn and Natsu.

"Lucy," Natsu spat out my name as if it was taboo.

I cringed at his tone and bit my lip. "Yes?"

"Of all the people in the world, why did I have to be stuck with you?" he huffed in annoyance and traveled further into my mansion. "I'd rather be stuck with Ice Princess than you," he grumbled as he rounded the corner.

Luke shot me a look that said 'You have some explaining to do, my young padawan. Since when did he become sour?'

Luke followed Natsu into the Heartfilia residence, leaving me and a flexible flirty butler behind.

I sighed. "What have I ever done to you, you pink haired jerk?"

"I HEARD THAT, HEARTFILIA!" Natsu called from inside. "IT'S SALMON, BY THE WAY!"

I swear, him and his hearing...

I sighed again as I retraced Luke's steps into the mansion.

I trudged to the smaller one of our kitchens, grumbling incoherently. Why did Natsu have to ruin our day?

Natsu was helping himself to the food in the fridge while Luke seated himself on a bar stool near the edge of the counter. Natsu was a childhood friend, remember? He still treated himself at home when he was here, but did it coldly unlike previous times. Luke was giving Natsu the 'don't you dare touch my little sister, scum' look without saying a word, the expected outcome of the tension that was between us a few moments ago. Luke was a mother hen at times, and sometimes it was embarrassing, but it was nice to see that someone actually cared for me.