chapter one

After weeks of crying and telling myself I hate him, I moved on with my life. I've realized that he isn't who I once fell for.

I love him, but I don't.

I do miss seeing his hazel eyes looking into mine. The way he'd call me princess, and how he tucked my hair behind my ear.

I can't imagine myself loving someone like I loved him.

"Hey Jade?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to go out tonight? Maybe have some fun, drink a little?" Chris asks hesitantly.

"Sure."

He looks at me shocked and excited all at once. For the past few weeks my answer to everything has been no.

I need to get over myself and him.

"Now we are talking." he smirks and runs to my closet to pick out an outfit for me.

After an hour of getting ready, we head to the nearest club. Chris is so excited he's nearly pissing his pants. He never goes out unless it's with me and due to my resistance he hasn't gone out in awhile.

We get inside the club, thanks to a "friend" of his, and I rush over to the bar and pull out my fake ID. I take my drink and head for a table above the dance floor.

Alone once again, yet I get this familiar feeling. I search the room and take a sip of my drink when I feel a hand on my back.

I turn around to see a set of eyes I've missed for so long. Not hazel, baby blue.

"Jade? What are you doing here?" Luke asks me.

"I should be asking you the same."

"Can we talk? It's about Ashton."

My heart plummets to the floor at the mention of his name. I simply nod my head yes as I set my drink down.

We step outside, where I immediately light a cigarette to calm me for anything that's is about to be said.

"He's not the same Jade.." he says to me.

"What do you mean?"

"He doesn't talk, he doesn't eat that I know of, he doesn't go out. He's a total hermit now."

I stay silent, unsure of what to say.

"He told me to stay away from you, knowing that I may trigger something in you about him, but I don't know what to do."

"I'm sorry Luke..I can't help you." I throw my cigarette down and walk away.

As much as it hurt me to do that, I can't allow myself to get wrapped up in that again. Especially not when I just moved on.

If he wants my help, he can come to me. Otherwise, fuck him.