chapter two

Three days ago I saw someone I had been dying to see and I walked away from them.

Luke was my best friend, I told him everything.

Seeing him brought me joy and heart ache. When I see him, I see Ashton.

As much as I want to run back to him, I can't let myself get hurt again. He crushed my heart like it was nothing. Almost as if he didn't care.

So maybe I shouldn't care.

I don't.

I lay in bed with Jaspar and stare at the ceiling. The summer time heat causing me to sweat.

My air is kinda shitty so I just have to deal with it.

Suddenly I hear a knock on my door. Chris is at work so I know it isn't him. I cautiously walk up to the door and look through the peep hole.

Luke.

"fuck." I whisper to myself. I turn the locks and slowly open the door.

"Jade. Please come see him." he says quickly due to my sudden exits.

"I can't Luke I just stopped crying and all of that and I don't want to see him. He hurt me so bad."

"Okay.."

"I'm sorry." I look at the floor, Luke leans forward and kisses the top of my head in a friendly manner.

"I'll see you around then." he says softy as he turns and walks away.

I close my door gently and slide down the back of it. Crying my eyes out.

"Fuck, why do i miss him. Why do I miss someone that crushed me?" I say to myself as i sob.

Jaspar runs and lays in my lap as I continue to cry for the rest of the night.