20 | m&m's

For the crazy ones,

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."

- Robin Williams.

________

CH 20

The day of prom dawns bright and cheerful. I wake up with a smile; you know, like those rare days such as your birthday or when you're going to meet someone you love.

I feel all kinds of emotions. Excited. Nervous. Impatient. But most importantly nervous, because Chase and myself haven't practised any dance moves. And I hardly think slow dancing is even meant for crazy people like us.

I sit up on my bed and inspect my manicured nails. Yesterday Leanna, Layla and myself spent the whole day at the spa, getting ourselves primped for prom. I submitted the designs for their prom outfits, and the tailor delivered it last night. They turned out absolutely perfect.

I run a hand through my hair and walk unsteadily to the bathroom. Layla's bed is empty so I'm guessing she's already gone down for breakfast.

XxX XxX XxX XxX

We spend the rest of the morning watching YouTube tutorials on how to do a perfect smokey eye, elaborate updos, and at around 2'o clock, we start getting ready.

"I look like a panda, don't I?" Layla asks as she steps out of the bathroom after her fifth failed attempt at a smoke eye.

"A panda with dark circles," I say with a giggle.

She throws her hands up in the air. "I give up!"

"Wait, just wash your face, and I'll help you out. I think I got the hang of it."

I curl my hair and style it into a graceful half up-do and then I inspect my look in the mirror. I'm wearing a rich plum colored dress, with a sweetheart neckline.

"Right," says Layla, as she plops herself down on the bed.

I pick up the necessary eye make up tools and begin.

XxX XxX XxX XxX

We've all decided to meet at Layla's house before the event. That is,everyone except Leanna, for she said she was too busy.

Layla and myself are scrolling through Instagram, looking at how the other girls of our school have dressed up for prom, when we hear the doorbell ring. I rush up and open the door.

My heart stops beating for a minute as I look at Chase. At the moment, his head is twisted to the back as he's joking around with Lennox, but the second he turns around, I can't help but take in the way his suit looks like it's been tailored especially for him. It's a light shade of grey, and it suits him perfectly.

"You look..."

"Amazing," he breathes out as he turns around and inspects me from top to bottom. I feel my cheeks heat up, and he pulls me to him with a hand on my waist. "So damn beautiful, Nerdy Bum," he whispers into my ear.

I smile, at a complete loss for words, and pull him inside.

"Well, who do we have here?" I look up to see Uncle Ted. He took a day off from work as he had a severe case of migraine in the morning.

"How do you feel now?" I ask him.

"Better," he replies with a dismissive wave of his hand. "So is this your little posse for prom?"

"This is Chase, and Lennox," I say as I introduce them.

"Nice to meet you, sir." Chase extends an arm for Uncle Ted to shake.