27 | mars

For the cool kids,

"Cool kids don't sleep."

- Unknown.

___________

CH 27

It has been a long, grueling day of school, and right now, I just want to home, curl up on my bed and sleep. I really don't even know how Layla manages to get to cheer practice, given the amount of work we have in school.

I walk out into the parking lot, ready to leave, when I suddenly hear someone calling my name. I turn around to find Chase, running up to me, a cute smile on his face.

"Nerdy bum," he greets as he stops in front of me, catching his breath.

"Chase," I reply evenly, my lips curling up into a smile.

"Hey."

"Hey yourself."

It's been a two days since we had our heart-to-heart conversation outside the cell, and now we both know what we want, except we just don't know how to go about it. These are uncharted waters, and even though I know Chase will be by my side, if I were to drown, I can't help but want to wait, for everything to fall into place.

"How are you?" He asks, his eyes pleasantly sweeping over me.

"I've been fine, lately. How are you?" I mentally laugh at how formal our conversation is. It's ridiculous almost.

"Same, Nerdy bum. Same," he says with a wink, mirroring the words I used to him back outside the cell.

I give him a knowing smile, before shielding my eyes from the sun as I look up at him. He looks down at me, unrelentingly, and this goes on for a couple of moments; the two of us just staring at each other but not saying anything. And somehow, it doesn't feel the least bit awkward. Instead it feels natural almost.

He breaks the gaze first however, by shaking his head with a laugh. Suddenly he leans forward, taking me by surprise, his hand curling against my waist as he pulls me onto him, latching our lips together. I freeze at first, but get over the shock, and eventually I find myself leaning into him. His scent, his touch, his breath; just everything that I've missed for all this while.

He breaks off first, withdrawing until there's very little distance between us. He leans his head against mine, his arms still around me, before whispering, "I've been wanting to do that for the longest time ever."

I lean up on my toes, pressing a light kiss on his nose. "So does this mean we're back together?" I ask, winding my hands around his neck.

"I don't know about you, Nerdy Bum, but I sure as hell want us back together."

"Well then you've got it," I say with a laugh, breaking out of his grasp. I continue to walk on towards the gate and he walks beside me.

"So, remember, my mom wants you home at 8'o clock, tomorrow." He kicks a small clump of the gravel."

That night, Chase's parents were called to the police station and they bailed him out. After a heated argument between his parents and himself, I had to intervene, and when Chase's mom saw that we were back to talking with each other, she was exuberant! She completely forgot that her son just got arrested, and went ahead to invite me for dinner.

"I'm excited to come," I say with a smile as I look up at him. I suddenly tug on his hand, pulling him to a stop. "Hey."

He raises an eyebrow. "Whats wrong?"