Chapter 13: Gone

By the time the weekend rolled around, Kit was still apprehensive around me. I had bunked off school because the thought of leaving him on his own after what I'd done made me feel ill, and seeing Blake would destroy me.

"Is it alright if I go take a bath?" Kit's quiet voice cut through the silence, and I looked up at him from where I was lying on the sofa, attempting to do some sketching. His eye's were uncertain.

"Of course", I half smiled at him, guilt pooling in my chest. He nodded quickly before scurrying off to the bathroom, his tail hanging limply between his legs. My stomach grumbled, reminding me of the lack of food there was in the apartment, and I half heartedly got up to look in the cupboards before calling out to Kit. "I'm just gonna go out to get some food, ok?" I went into the bedroom and tapped on the bathroom door, hearing the sound of water running on the other side. "Kit?"

"I heard you", He said quietly. "I'll see you later." I closed my eyes momentarily in pain and swallowed.

"I love you."

"I know." I shuddered at his reply. After my actions earlier this week, I wasn't surprised at how he was acting, but a part of me thought we'd patched things up. I just wanted to hold him in my arms again, like nothing had ever happened. Every time I made eye contact with him I could see the hurt flash up in those big amber pools, spearing my heart with shrapnel of regret. I heard the water turn off and I headed for the front door, scuffing my feet against the floor as I walked. The sound of the bathroom door opening made me stop in my tracks, and a small warm body pressed against my back as Kit ran up behind me and hugged me.

"I love you too." Relief flooded over my heart and I turned around to hug his small frame, squeezing him in my arms and kissing the top of his head.

"I'll be back soon", I whispered into his hair, resisting the urge to lift his mouth to mine for a long deep kiss. I felt him nod and I smiled, letting go and turning back to the door. I felt a warmth envelop my body as I walked out to the car, like everything was going to be absolutely fine. Blake wasn't going to dampen my mood, and I tried to shut out all thoughts of him and the discussion the other day.

When I got to Tesco's I felt almost high on happiness. Heading straight to the display of flowers, I eyed up a bunch of roses, ignoring the pricey sticker on the surrounding plastic. I grinned and carefully picked them up, placing them delicately in the metal basket I grabbed at the entrance. My stomach grumbled again so I moved on, grabbing the usual items like bread, milk, juice, and a small selection of junk food. When I got to the ready meal section I picked out some fish based dishes, before going around to the next isle and selecting some packet ramen.

I checked out the stuff and headed back to the car, walking quickly as my desire to see Kit built. I wanted to see his face when I held out the roses. I wanted to watch his eyes brighten, and the dimples form on his face when he smiles and takes them. I needed it. Shoving the plastic bag full of food into the back seat, and carefully placing the roses next to them, I had to hold back my own grin. I jumped into the car and started the engine, my pulse racing as I got closer and closer to the apartment. A shiny black Mercedes pulled out of the car park by my building and I frowned as it cut out in front of me. Ignoring it, I went and parked in my usual spot, practically shaking with excitement.

I was humming the entire journey to my door, ridiculously feeling like it was sort of a first date. In a way it was, like a fresh start after I colossally fucked everything up. I shuffled my stuff around while I patted down my pockets for my keys, finally coming across them and shoving them in the door.

"Hey, I'm home", I set the bag down on the floor, and quickly peeled the price off the roses. "Kit?" I wandered over to the bathroom and knocked on the closed door. "You in there?" When I got no reply I opened the door to see an empty room, and a bathtub full of water. Agitation began dripping inside of my chest, and I walked inside, a lump forming in my throat as I saw the window had been pushed halfway open, letting cold air blow around the walls. "Kit..." I whimpered, my voice breaking as I backed out and ran around the rest of the apartment, desperately searching for him, even though I knew he wasn't there. I threw the flowers down on the floor and smacked my hands against the counter, panting and closing my eyes as the cocktail of agony, rage and misery coursed through my veins.

Something touched my finger and I looked up to see the main phone lying there off the hook, the blue screen flashing as it alerted it needed charge. I grabbed it and pressed the calls button, frowning as an unknown number appeared at the top of the screen, so I dialled it and held it up against my ear.

"Hi, you've reached the Jones household. I'm afraid nobody is home right now, so if you could please leave a message with your name and number, we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you."

I froze.

---

Hi guys <3

I'm currently shaking because I got a new computer and although I've had it for a month, I managed just then to highlight the entire chapter and replace it with the letters "nd". Thank god for the revisions button.

I know this chapter is short and i'm really sorry v.v Trying to balance schoolwork, a boyfriend, and this is hard, especially as he keeps trying to figure out what i'm writing... (he knows about my yaoi addiction.. but not this). So, in return, you guys can comment questions if you like, and i'll try to answer all of them *tries to make self feel important* (also nothing too private or personal ;) )

Until next time x

(Also, if you're not from the UK, Tesco is a store.... I feel like if I don't mention this, it'll be like when I said torch instead of flashlight ;) )