Chapter Eight: Confrontation

I yawned as I made my way from the kitchen, back to the bathroom leaving the dishes soaking in the sink. I lifted my hand to the bathroom door and knocked, shoving my other hand into my pocket.

"Kit? You done?" I called, not wanting to invade his privacy, which seemed pretty pointless after all the things we'd done.

"Yup", The door swung open to reveal Kit, standing with a fluffy white towel draped around his shoulders. His cat ears glistened with water droplets, and a tail curled around his leg.

"You should'nt have gotten out of the bath on your own", I leaned forward, placing my hands on either side of the door frame, while I breathed in his soapy scent. A blush spread across Kits pale face as he turned his gaze away from mine.

"I'm sorry", He murmured, as he rested his head on my chest and snuggled against me. I felt my heart beat faster, and I warm feeling spread along my arms and legs, heating my entire body.

"How do you feel?" I asked, scooping his little body up in my arms, and making my way to the bedroom.

"A little better... Still sore though", Kit replied, lying down on the bed and waiting for me to bring him a change of clothes. I picked out a large t-shirt and a pair of boxer shorts from my drawers, before bringing them over to Kit and dressing him. A shiver ran up his spine as My fingers brushed against his cold skin, provoking a red flush to form on his cheeks.

As much as I enjoyed seeing him blush, questions still remained unanswered.

"Kit, do you have any idea why you felt so intimidated by Dan when you saw him?" I asked him, looking straight into his bright eyes.

"Jealousy maybe.. I don't know, he just seems bad... I guess it just felt like instinct, I'm sorry.."

I grabbed him and pulled him into a fierce hug, my chin rubbing against his damp white hair.

"Stop apologizing, I know it wasn't your fault, and even if it was, I still love you all the same. I'll talk to Dan on Monday, but right now, you are my main concern". I pushed him down onto the bed, tempted to take him right there, but, I knew despite his denial, he was still in a lot of pain.

I folded the sheets around his small frame, before placing my mouth on his and capturing his bottom lip between my teeth. I tugged it and watched his eyes flutter closed as I began to deepen the kiss, plunging my tongue into his mouth. A moan escaped Kit as we parted for breath, and I noticed his eyes glazed over with lust, and also sleep.

Chuckling to myself, I reached over and flicked the switch on the light, dimming the bulb. With my arms wrapped protectively around Kit, and his tail curled around my foot, we both began to drift into the land of sleep.

The weekend mostly consisted of me looking after Kit, both medically and.. sexually. We also managed to get through eight cans of soup, a new favourite of his. By the time school came around again, all of Kits bruises and cuts were reduced to bluish tinges and scratches.

But, of course, the thoughts of me confronting Dan had formed into a knot of worry in my chest. 

"You could call the school, tell them your sick", Kit said, sitting on the counter, his arms laced around my shoulders.

"As tempting as that sounds", I leaned forward and pecked his lips, "I would just be running away from my problems, and we both know I cant do that".

It was hard to miss the flash of irritation/concern that passed over his pale features, but reluctantly he nodded and released me from his passionate hold. I grinned weakly and brushed my thumb across his cheek, attempting to wash the worry away.

"I'll be back before you know it, with answers hopefully", I stepped away from him and swung my bag over my shoulder, raking my hand through my nearly dried hair. It smelt of soap, and I recalled the lusty shower Kit and I had shared this morning.

I said good bye and headed out to the car, throwing my keys up in the air and catching them, forming questions in my mind.

When I arrived at school, I received a couple of weird looks, mostly from my classmates.

"Hey Alex, where's your cat?" Some boy jeered lamely from behind me as I began my search for Dan. I eventually found him, chatting to a girl outside the guys toilets. 

When he saw me, his lips parted, and a frown formed on his face.

"We need to talk", I started, warding the girl off with a look.

"Yes we do", came his swift reply.

I stood around in patiently as he exchanged phone numbers with the girl, before making arrangements with her to meet up. When he finally looked at me, I was officially pissed off.

"What were you doing the other day?!"

"Trying to give you this", His hand dove into his pocket and he pulled out a note of paper, with his neat hand writing scrawled over it.

"What is it", I snatched it from him, ignoring his protests as I began to read.

Alex,

I know you may hate me now, and believe me, you have every right to, but I honestly am sorry.

The way I've behaved has been stupid and immature. Your sexuality shouldn't be a problem in our friendship.

Dan

I didn't know how to react, because none of it made sense. He had acted out of line, and frankly, like a bully.

"Bullshit".

I threw it in his face and crossed my arms, giving him a look that I hoped appeared irritated.

"It's not".

"It is".

"Look", He ran a hand through his hair, a sigh escaping his lips as he bent down and picked up the piece of paper, "I was confused, and I know you wont believe me, but I used to feel... attracted to you".

I gave him a look of utter disbelief. "If you liked me so much, then why the hell did you make me a laughing stock?! Oh and lets not to mention the name calling, the notes" I began counting on my fingers, "The reaction to my confession, for God's sake, you just asked a girl out in front of me!"

"Maybe I'm bi! I don't know?! Jesus, I wish I'd never said anything at all", He mumbled angrily.

"You know what, i'm glad you did! Because now I have some dirt on you", I pointed at him accusingly, "We're even".

--------------------

Hello my incredible fans, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, school's a total bitch.

I hope you enjoy this update, and even though I don't reply to your comments, they have all motivated me to get my butt in gear and give the people what they want.

Song is gives you hell by the all American rejects

enjoy

- WeirdWolf