White Rose

It was raining again, it had been raining all week, but Leah didn't care she was in a good mood.

Leah was aimlessly strolling the grounds. She was daydreaming again, her mind wandering off into space. In an hour she was going to Hogsmeade, she, Harry, Ron and Hermione had made plans for that day and Leah couldn't be more excited.

Life for Leah was getting easier for her to manage, she had great friends, her grades were high, and her and Harry were spending more time than usual together.

Yes, life was good, well at least better. Leah walked back to the castle, she was thinking back to the past. She didn't know why but a particular memory came back for a visit.

*******

Leah walked down the grand staircase. They were going to Hogsmeade for the first time. She rushed down the stairs and through a door. She turned a corner and heard the huge clock from the Courtyard.

She walked through another door and ended up in front of the Hospital Wing's doors. She turned again to see a figure looking out at the courtyard.

Leah walked to the figure realizing who it was.

"Shouldn't you be in the courtyard?" she asked. He shook his head, and turned to face her. Leah saw his stunning green eyes and inhaled some air. "I didn't get my permission slip signed." he looked back at the courtyard.

Leah nodded and looked into the courtyard also, she could see kids laughing and running around. "Shouldn't you be down there?" he asked. "I know you got your slip signed, so why are you still here?"

She thought for a moment, why was she still here? She could be down there with all of the other students. What was holding her back? What was the reason that she was still there standing beside the only person who was nice enough to become her friend.

Then it hit her, it was obvious to her now.

"I'm still here because if I go, then there is going to be a change." he turned to look at her. "If I go, I probably won't have as much fun alone as I could here."

"What's the difference between there and here?" he asked. Leah turned to face him. "You."  Harry's cheeks were a faint pink. "There isn't a point in going if I'm not going to have fun."

"Why wouldn't you have fun?" "Because I'm going alone." Harry turned back to the window and so did Leah. "But if you want me to go I'll go." Leah took a step, but Harry tugged on her hand. She looked at him, but he continued to stare outside.

"You can stay." he said. Leah looked down at his hand gripping hers. She then held his hand and together they watched the students walk to Hogsmeade.

***********

A few hours after Hogsmeade  she walked into the Common Room where she saw Harry pointing his wand at the table and repeating the word "Orchideous". Leah sat down in the armchair beside his. "Hi." she greeted. "Hi." Harry replied and continued with the spell.

"Do you need help?" Leah asked "Yeah." Harry sat back in his seat. "Okay, now just copy what I do. Orchideous!" she waved her wand and a bouquet of flowers came out of her wand.

Harry sat up, "Orchideous!" he waved his wand and another bouquet came out. "Thanks." Harry said. "You should give those to Ginny." Leah suggested. Harry nodded, "Well goodnight." Leah grabbed her bag and walked up to the dormitories.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Leah was in the Great Hall reading a book at the Gryffindor table. She heard the doors open and out of the corner of her eye she saw Harry walk into the Great Hall with something behind his back.

He walked over to where Ginny was sitting and he revealed a bouquet of white roses and gave them to Ginny. Ginny gave him a hug and she kissed him on the cheek. Leah sighed and went back to her book.

A few minutes later, the mail came and packages and letters were being distributed by the owls. Leah hardly ever got any mail these days because of her parent's kidnapping so she wasn't expecting any from her owl, Peep (she was 5 okay?).

But little did she know something plopped in front of her. She lowered her book from her eyes to see a single white rose. She picked it up and spun it in her fingers. She glanced in Harry's direction and he quickly looked away.

Leah smiled, she felt happy, but little did she know the feeling wasn't going to last all day.