Shoulder to Cry On

Leah scribbled faster as Umbridge walked by, she was in Defence Against the Dark Arts following her instructions to learn defence by theory. She absolutely dispised her lessons, they aren't going to learn anything by theory!

Anyways Harry had invited her to a DA meeting that day, she couldn't wait o finally learn something in Defence Against the Dark Arts.

Once the period ended she swiftly walked out of the classroom with Hermione, Ron, and Harry. They headed over to Transfiguration, their last class of the day, Well until the DA meeting coming up.

*********

"I want you all to pratice the Vanishing Spell for homework." McGonagall announced as students noisely walked out of the classroom. Leah had almost reached the door when McGonagall called her to her desk. "Ms. Green! May I have a word with you!" Leah froze in her spot. She didn't do anything wrong did she?

Harry turned to her, "Do you want me to wait outside?" he whispered, "No, I'll be okay." Leah put a hand on his shoulder confirming the decision. Harry walked out closing the door behind him.

Leah turned to McGonagall and sat down in front of her desk. "What did you want to tell me Professor?" she said as she turned to her Head of House. At that moment Leah could tell that this was beyond schoolwork.

"Ms. Green we have gotten word from the Aurors about your parents." Leah relaxed a little, but judging by McGonagall's comforting look Leah knew she wasn't going to like what she was about to hear.

*********

Harry walked around the Room of Requirement making sure to spot any mistakes people were making. Then he looked over to Leah who was partnered with Hermione. "Expelliarmus!" Leah casted or tried to cast.

He was surprised to see that the spell didn't work. She did wonders in Charms and Defence Against the Dark Arts (before Umbridge).

After the class Harry told them that they were doing good for the first lesson and that they'll meet sometime next week. After that students flooded out of the RoR but Leah stayed back and stared at the mirror where Harry had pinned a picture of the original Order up.

"Hey." Harry greeted. "Oh, hi." Leah replied "So how did it go with McGonagall? Your not in trouble are you?" Harry asked with concern. "Everything's fine." Leah's voice broke. "Is something wrong?" "No, everything's just fine." Leah said quickly and left the RoR.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day it was raining really hard. There was going to be a thunderstorm that night and Harry was sitting in the Common Room with Ron and Hermione.

The Common Room was filling up and it was about to get dark. Harry looked around the room searching for Leah but she couldn't be seen anywhere. He turned to Hermione who looked up from her book. "Have you seen Leah anywhere?"

"No, in fact I haven't." Harry got up worry painted his face. "Where are you going?" Ron asked "I'll be back soon." Harry said rushing upstairs to get his invisibility cloak.

Harry searched every inch of the castle but he couldn't find Leah anywhere. The only place left to look was the boathouse.

Harry opened the huge front doors of the castle only to see pouring rain outside. Not wanting to get his invisibility cloak wet he looked around folded it up and ran as fast as he could down to the boathouse.

He entered the boathouse, his hair soaking wet, he looked around and didn't see anyone. Harry was about to leave when he heard someone, someone crying.

He climbed up the ladder that led to another floor in the boathouse. Harry had to squint his eyes, but he could only see a shadow near the wall. "Lumos" he whispered. Suddenly bright light flooded out of Harry's wand.

"Leah? Is that you?" Leah jumped in her seat then stood up to face him. "Are you alright? What happened?" Leah's eyes were red and puffy. "You've been crying again? Haven't you?" Leah nodded and more tears flowed out of her eyes.

She slid along the wall and sat down, Harry sat down beside her. "Tell me." Harry said. Leah looked at him confused. "Tell me what McGonagall said." Leah shook her head "No. i-it's to painful."

"You can't keep this bottled up Leah." Harry said sitting down beside her "You've got to talk about it, you know you do." Leah shook her head tears still coming down as heavily as the rain outside. Harry wiped some tears from Leah's face. "Please." Harry pleaded.

They both locked eyes then Leah wiped some of her own tears and started explaining.

"The reason why McGonagall wanted to talk to me in private was so she could, so she could tell me...." there was a huge lump in Leah's throat.

"So she could tell me my parents were dead!" Leah had lost it again and started crying. Harry knew what situation she was in. He knew the feeling of waking up everyday knowing that his parents were dead. He knew that Leah's sadness would soon turn into depression.

Harry didn't want that. He didn't want Leah to cry all the time, he didn't want her to have depression.

He fixed his position so that he was sitting up against the wall and they were sitting shoulder to shoulder. He put his arm around Leah and laid her head on his shoulder. After a few minutes they headed back to the Common Room, Harry hadn't noticed that he was holding Leah's hand the whole way up. 

They both walked up the stairs and both of them stood outside the girls' and boys' dormitories. "Thank you." Leah said "For what?" "For giving me a shoulder to cry on. And you were right before. Next time I'm upset I'll come straight to you. Unless it's a girl thing, that's what Hermione is for." this made Harry chuckle to himself.

His next gesture surprised him, he leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "W-what was that for?" Leah asked her cheeks tinted red. "To cheer you up."

'Right that's what it was for.' Harry thought to himself. His heart was beating faster now and his cheeks were probably a deeper red than Leah's.

That night was probably the only night Harry would ever have the courage to kiss her and/or hold Leah's hand ever again.