Asking Her Out

It was finally Christmas day! Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Leah were in the boy's room exchanging presents. So far Harry and Ron each got a homework planner that spoke 'encouraging' phrases for completed work. Leah had each given them a picture frame of them at Hogsmeade.

The following week they had to go back to Hogwarts, it was hectic on the way back since they had taken the night bus. Once the four arrived at Hogsmeade they walked all the way to the castle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning the four of them had classes to attend. The whole day was filled with boring lessons. Once they arrived back at the Common Room they noticed the weekend trips for Hogsmeade had been posted up again for the new term.

"You think Snape would ease up on the homework after Christmas break." Ron complained " Ron if you would just use the homewok planner I gave you maybe you might pass your O.W.L.s!" Hermione scolded.

"Hey you guys the new Hogsmeade trip times have been posted." Leah said. The four of them scrolled the list to find a specific date that had been highlighted with a few hearts around it. "February 14th. So that means we're going to have a trip on Valentine's day." Ron moped. 

"Whata's so bad about Valentine's day?" Hermione asked "You get to spend time with a special someone." Hermione's jumped from Leah to Harry. "What?" the two said at the same time and Hermione rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but I bet you don't have anyone to celebrate it with do you 'Mione?" Ron teased and Leah and Harry smirked. "Oh, shut up Ron." Hermione muttered and her cheeks were tinted red.

After a few hours of studying Hermione and Ron turned in, but Harry and Leah stayed back for a while. 

The Common Room was empty and the fire was the only light in the Common Room. Leah put down a book and reached for another one while Harry reached for a quill that was placed in the middle of the table.

Both reached over the table and bumped their heads in the middle. "Ow." they both said at the same time and laughed a little. It was a very awkward situation and Leah was considering going upstairs.

Suddenly the big clock in the room chimed signalling 11 o'clock. "Listen I'm going to go to bed." Leaah said gathering her things that were scattered across the table. "Right, I'll turn in too." Harry said and helped Leah gather her things.

At the doorway Harry stood in front of the boy's staircase and Leah in front of the girl's. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." said Harry, with a slightly shaky voice. "Well, good night then." Leah said and walked up the stairs, but half way she heard Harry call her name and she walked down a little too quick.

"Listen about er, Valentine's day." Harry started "Yeah, what about it?" but in Leah's mind she was pleading 'Please, please ask me. Please.'

"I was just wondering if you would want to hang out that day." Harry looked down at his shoes. "Aren't we hanging out that day with Ron and Hermione?" Leah asked 'Why did I ask that?!' she thought.

"Err, I was kind of wondering if it could just be us, that day." Harry explained, there was a silence. "If you don' want to go it's completly fine with me though." Harry added. "Oh no it's not that it's the opposite really." Leah admitted.

Harry looked up at her. "Really?" Leah nodded and smiled slightly. "That's, that's great. Umm, I'll see you tomorrow then." Harry said satisfied. "Good night Harry." "Night."

Then both of them walked up to each of their dormitories eagerly awaiting the weekend trip to Hogsmeade.