Threats

After Potions class Leah walked out of the classroom laughing with Hermione and Harry.

"Will you guys please shut it!" Ron exclaimed walking ahead of the three laughing in behind him. "Sorry...Ron...it's just....the look..on your face....after he...hit you!" Hermione gasped for air. Umbridge walked by and the three of them stopped laughing.

They continued walking when they reached a secret passage. "Leah are you coming?" Hermione asked. Leah shook her head "No, I think I'll take a walk." Harry gave a concerned look to Leah as Hermione and Ron passed through.

"I'm alright! Don't worry." Leah gave him a reassuring smile. "Alright, but if you need anything I'll be at Quidditch practice." Leah nodded and he walked through the passageway. Once the passage closed Leah walked the halls until she was pulled into an empty classroom.

It was dusty and dark, and she could barely see anything. Suddenly a figure came out of the shadows. "Ginny? What are you doing?" Leah asked backing up as Ginny got closer. "Hello Leah." Ginny continued to walk forward.

"I think you've been spending a little to much time with Harry." Ginny said "Well that's his choice not mine."  Ginny was in Leah's face now. "What I mean to say is to stay away from him, or you might not be seeing him again later on." Leah was furious, what was harmless jealousy became infuriating anger.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Leah said through clenched teeth. "Perhaps you did not hear me the first time. I said stay away from him!" With that Ginny left the abandoned classroom and out into the hall of students.

Leah had just noticed that she was pressed against the wall. She slid down and sat on the cold stone floor. What was she to do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry was sitting in the Great Hall desperately waiting for Leah to walk through the doors. Suddenly the doors opened and Harry rose from his seat slightly only to see Ginny walk into the Great Hall.

"Where is she?" Harry muttered and sat back down. Ginny sat down beside him and looked at him with concern. "Something wrong?" she asked. "No, it's nothing." Harry shifted uncomfortably in his seat. 

****

That night Harry sat in the Common Room doing an assignment for Charms. Harry was very worried, 'Where is she? Is she alright?' were the thoughts that ran through his head every few minutes.

The portrait hole opened and Leah walked through. Harry stood up, "Where have you been?" Harry asked "Places." Leah said there was a silence. "You said earlier we'd be studying together." he said.

"Yeah, well it's sort of late so I'm just going upstairs." Leah walked over to the doorway and Harry ran into it blocking her from the dormitories. "Leah are you alright?" "Fine, just tired is all." Leah then walked past Harry and up the stairs.

'She's closed herself in again." Harry thought.