Slughorn's Dinner Party

After a week or so was the night of Slughorn's dinner party. Many students were invited from all of the houses and in truth it was very boring. Nobody talked unless Slughorn had asked them a question and it was mostly Slughorn who talked! Finally it was the time that everybody dreaded. The "About your Family" segment if you would call it that.

 "What about you Ms. Granger? What do your parents do in the Muggle World?" Slughorn asked "My parents are dentists." everyone was silent and it seemed that only Harry, Leah and Ginny knew what she was talking about. "They tend to people's teeth." everyone nodded as they got a better depiction. "Oh! And is that considered a dangerous profession?" he asked

 "No." everyone looked away as though it wasn't as interesting as they had thought. "But one boy Robby Fenwick did bite my father once! He needed 10 stitches!" Hermione exclaimed trying to make her father sound impressive. Then Slughorn turned to Leah.

 "Ms. Green! How is your sister?" Slughorn asked "fine sir." Leah answered "Is she doing well in France?" Leah nodded. "How are your parents are they well? They were erm, kidnapped last year and I haven't heard from them since. But knowing your parents they were highly trained Aurors they could easily escape, could they not?" Leah looked at Harry and Hermione hesitantly 'Has he not heard yet?' Leah thought to herself.

 "My parents died last year." Slughorn's eyes grew wide "Oh..." Leah looked down "I'm sorry to bring it up." Slughorn added and he continued around the table. Then, out of nowhere, Leah's fork had dropped and clattered on the floor. Leah reached down to get it but instantly bumped heads with someone.

"Ow." Leah muttered and looked up slightly to see familiar green eyes looking straight at her blue ones. "Sorry." he apologized, Leah nodded and examined the space between their faces. There wasn't much.

Leah had the sudden urge to lean forward, but the space between their lips seemed to be decreasing on it's own. Their lips were probably a centimeter away from each other when Slughorn said "Everything alright?" they both sat up straight in their seats.

Finally it was the end of the dinner party and people were leaving the room. Once Leah stepped out the door she was pulled away by someone. Leah was led to a deserted corridor once alone the person turned around to look at Leah.

"Alright this is taking way to long." Hermione said "What do you mean?" Leah questioned her sudden out burst. "You know what I mean!" Leah started to walk in the direction of the common room. "Leah!" Hermione called out "I don't want to talk about it!" she animatedly waved her arms. "You know you want to Leah." Hermione added, reluctantly, Leah faced her.

"Look, you have to tell Harry you love him." Leah flushed "H-how did you know that I love him. W-what if it's just a crush." Leah muttered "But it's not a crush! I see the way you look at him! And by the looks of it he sees you in the same light." Hermione said, Leah looked down causing her side bangs to fall onto her face.

"You need to tell him." Leah swept her bangs away from her face. "Fine! I'll tell him." she walked towards Slughorn's office. "Whoa!" Hermione held her back "What?" "You can't tell him now!"

"Why not?" Leah asked "Leah, Leah, Leah! It's all in the matter of timing." Leah was confused. "I'll tell you at the Common Room!" Hermione said letting go of her and gesturing for her to follow. Leah took a step then, out of the corner of her eye she saw a blonde guy dressed in black emerge from the shadows.

Leah turned around her pleated skirt twirled with the movement of her body. Draco stopped to look down the hallway to see Leah standing there alone. He scanned her confirming who she was. He turned to face her, Leah opened her mouth to say something but she was cut off by Hermione.

"Leah!" she called, her footsteps echoed throughout the empty corridor. Draco simply nodded and started walking away. "Leah there you are I was walking all by myself!" Hermione rambled on.

Her chatter faded, Leah's eyes were fixed on Draco as he strutted down the corridor. Before he turned a corner he stopped and looked Leah straight in the eye and mouthed "Soon." he then smirked at her and went on with his business.

Leah's mind went blank 'Soon?' Leah thought 'What did he mean by soon?' she was left thinking at the speed of light when Hermione snapped her into reality. "Leah?! I've been calling your name for the past 4 minutes!" she then dragged Leah down the corridor.

The only thought left in Leah's mind was 'What the hell was he planning?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter was soo late! I've had so much homework for the past few weeks and I've been sick so please forgive me! :)

Just putting this out there I will be going on vacation for Christmas break! So yeah I'm sorry to say that I won't be uploading between December 25-January 15! So yeah! XD

Have a nice day and peace off!