Lucy-Chapter 4

As my dad breaks down the last few precious chunks of the door, I swiftly grab my
wallet and a coat and go towards the window. "So this is really happening" Even with my dad trying to kill me, I still can't belive that I'm running away."DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE THIS HOUSE!!!" Dad screams, but my hand's already on the latch. I quickly take one last look at my room. I'm going to miss it. As I try to turn the latch, I find that it's locked. SMASH I hear, my dad broke away the last bits of the door and was pushing the dresser. "Shit! He broke the door!" I start to panic more and more. How will I get out? Then I see my chair. My mom bought it for my 10th birthday, along with my desk. "Thanks mom." I think as I grab it. With all my strength, I swing it into the window. CRASHHHHHH the window screams as it is smashed into a million pieces."HOW DARE YOU!!!!" I hear, as I look to see my dad standing in the doorway, the dresser pushed out of the way. Quickly, I try to jump out the window, but just as my feet came off the ground my dad grabbed the collar of my shirt. He lifted me off the ground in front of his face. I could smell the beer on his breath as he yelled, "WHERE DID YOU THINK YOU WERE GOING?!?!" As I struggled for an answer, his hand whipped around and slapped me right on the cheek. I scream as he hits me again and again. Thankfully, he stops. I feel blood dripping from a cut on my face. Everything hurt. Then my dad said. "DON'T YOU EVER TRY TO RUN FROM ME!" On the outside, I agreed. But first chance I got, I knew that I would leave.

The next day, I planned to lie and say I was walking home from school. The only problem was, my dad came to pick me up that day. Also the next. Then the next. And pretty soon I was listed as perminent pickup. I never had time alone. In the bathroom, either mom or dad waited outside the door. I wasn't aloud to play outside anymore, and they had me wait downstairs when they were making food.
I was starting to think that I would never be able to run away. A part of me thought that was probably for the best, and that I shouldn't, but the other part reminded me of what dad did to us. Finally though, I had time to myself. Dad went out to drink with his friends, and mom went to her doctors appointment. Of course, they hired a babysitter, but it was still a chance. And a chance is something I haven't had in a long time.