Lucy-Chapter 10

I stumble back towards the lobby, only to find that everything is perfectly clean. The windows are fixed, the ground clean, and all the shelves lined up and restocked. It looked as if it was still in business. I put my hand in one of the freezers newly stocked with drinks, to feel the chill of the ice inside. When I took my hand out, I still felt the chill on my hand. I wasn't sure if it was fear, or the effects of the freezer that kept it that way, but I was sure that I was seriously creeped out. "How is this possible?" I think, and as soon as I thought that, the noises came. Not specifically scary noises, but they still caught me off guard. As I fell to the ground in surprise, I hear a bell and a door opening. I get up and cautiously look over the shelf. The door hasn't opened. Then I hear a car outside and the door opening again, followed by a bell. There was the sounds of two sets of footsteps walking around the store. The door still hasn't opened this whole time. Frozen in shock, I hear voices occupying an empty store. It was as if the store had come to life around me, except without the life part. "Either I'm insane, or this is actually happening," I think. I slowly start to walk around the store. I hear the register opening and closing. Hellos and goodbyes. Footsteps starting and stopping. I hear all of this without one person besides myself here. "That thing must be doing this." I jump as someone says "Hey" from what I can only tell to be inside of me. I look towards the clock to check the time, only to see that the numbers are replaced by words reading "Sixteen hours left." Has it been two hours already? Why does time seem to pass so quickly? Maybe because one of us is having fun. I hear. Frightened, I turn around, just to see nothing. "As usual." I think uneasily. I hate the thought that thing is watching me, but I knew it was. It had to be. As the noises continued, I couldn't help but feel amazed at the supplies on the shelves. If I wasn't going to be kidnapped in six-teen hours, I'd be more excited knowing that I had enough food to last me a lifetime. As I looked at the clock, it read four-teen hours left. "If time isn't going to help me, I need to help myself." I thought as I grabbed a tool kit off a shelf. Inside I grabbed a hammer and walked over towards the glass door. "Should've thought twice about refilling this store you bastard!" I scream as I hit the door as hard as I could, but instead of contact, the hammer fazed through the door. I pulled it out as if the door was nothing. Nothing changed at all, at least it seemed like that. As I put the hammer down, I noticed fresh writing on the hilt. "Your right, I'll change that." It read. And in a blink of an eye, the supplies, including the hammer, all dissapeared. And that wasn't it, the noise was gone too. Also, to add to all of that, as soon as I looked at the clock, it read "Play nice", and the hand quickly moved from twelve to zero.