Lucy-Chapter 12

It seemed as if hours had gone by since my death, although it could've been just a few minutes. That boy still hasn't told me his name, and I haven't asked. It didn't matter who he was, he has mentally tortured me, kidnapped me, and worst of all killed me. "He's insane..." I think to myself. I would've fought back a long time ago, but for some reason I've lost almost all of my energy. "I guess I'm just going to have to do what he says until I have a chance to escape." I decided. There isn't going to be a chance, I hear. I still had no energy, so instead of screaming, I sort of make a mix between a gasp and a grunt. Yes, I can understand your thoughts. It's sort of entertaining actually. By the way, the name is Peter, not that you'd care. I just thought you should know who to fear. Baffled, I start to feel both terrified and insecure. The only place I could devise a plan freely would be in my head... but now I can't even do that! I slowly start to loose even more hope than I already have. Peter chuckled, and when he did, I could again hear the other children in his voice, laughing with him. The only difference was that this time the laughter sounded forced, as if Peter was controlling them. "Will that happen to me?" I wonder. The thought troubled me, and I instantly pushed it out of my mind. It's not all that bad... you'll only be my slave for all eternity. Peter laughs, and I start to cry.

Soon enough we reach a floating island covered in forests and green clouds. Welcome to Neverland! I hope you enjoy your stay... after all, you're going to be here a while. Peter taunts. After trying the whole trip here, I finally gain enough energy to swear at him. "Go to hell..." I manage. All he does is laugh, Oh you naive child. Don't you see that resisting will only make it worse? As soon as he finishes his sentence, the chains around my wrists tighten and twist, like a deadly indian burn. "STOP PLEASE!!!" I scream out. Through the tears, I see that they aren't even marking my wrist. "PLEASE, I'M BEGGING YOU!!!!" Peter starts to laugh as the chains slow down to a stop and loosen like nothing had happened. As we finally land on the island he explains, In death, your soul takes no damage because there's nothing to damage. There is pain though, and the reason for that is because the things that happpen to your soul can't just go unnoticed. Something has to happen, and that something is pain. That's why it's so fun to hurt those who are dead, the fun never stops. Hence the name "Neverland". As my feet touch the ground, I take in my surroundings. It looks like we are in a clearing, with the forest on all sides of us. Maybe fifty yards away was a lake, it's water was cloudy as if undissolved sand was constantly being thrown in. The only unsettling thing about it was the undisturbed surface. Suddenly, I collapse with no warning. Don't fall asleep aready, it's time for a little walk through the forest of misery. Peter says. "Your phychotic," I mutter as I start to lose conciousness. Peter pretends not to hear as he starts to walk toward the forest, dragging me behind.