Lucy-Chapter 8

"RINGGGGGGGGGG, RINGGGGGG" I hear. Tired, I look at my new clock. "4:30? Who could be calling at this time?" I think, then it hits me. I don't have a phone here. Suddenly alert, I follow the sound. I don't hear much before it stops. "Wierd, I must be hearing things". Annoyed at my early morning, I prepare my breakfast. As I eat half of a granola bar, I can't shake the sound from my mind. What could it be? I eventually just classify it as one of the things still left in the store. When I finish my meal, I search the store for anything that could've made a ringing sound. While looking, I find a stray rubber ball in the corner near the bathroom, but other than that I'm unsuccessful. Taking a break, I bounce the ball around a little bit, trying to make a game out of it. At some point, I think of the name "Bounce Around", what you do is chuck the ball as hard as you can at the wall, and try not to get hit as it bounced around. It was suprisingly fun, and I played it for most of the day. Then, I laid down on my trashbag and tried to rest a little bit. I eventually gave up because I was really hungry, so I had half a bottle of water and the other half of my granola bar. Satisfied for the moment, I thought about tomorrow, "Maybe tomorrow, I'll cook up some meat from one of those sandwiches. I'm in a forest, so as long as it doesn't rain I can get wood, and there are some lighters near the smokes, so I can make a fire fairly easy." Just thinking about that made my mouth water, so I had to wipe it off with the sleeve of my shirt. As I did, I noticed a note in the center of the room. "That's weird, I didn't see that before." Interested, I walk over and look at who it's addressed to. When I look at the name, I get chills up my spine. It says, "To Lucy Hendricks, future resident of 1134 Neverland Ave." "How do they know my name, and what does it mean by future resident?" Seriously scared, I open it up.

"Hello new friend,
I see you are nearing your end.
One day is gone, two more to go,
Until It's time to put on a show.
So stay there, sit tight,
And don't try and put up a fight..."

Now terrified, I throw the note to the opposite end of the room and run to the door of the store. It was locked from the outside. "Oh My God!!" I panic. "WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME???" I cry. I'm answered with a few footsteps behind me. As I turn around in terror, I see the note I threw across the store turned away from me, and I noticed something on the note, something that you wouldn't notice unless it was upside down. The once 1134, now spelled out "hell".

I did not sleep at all that night, partly because of what happened, and partly because I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched.