Lucy-Chapter 14

I awake to the feeling of the ground being dragged against my face. "What happend?" I wonder. Then It all came back to me, death, imprisonment, and all. As tears start to fall I hear a strange tune being hummed above me. My eyes follow the sound to Peter, who is dragging the chain connected to my shackles. From the look on his face I can tell he doesn't realize he's humming. The tune sends chills up my spine as he continues. Suddenly, pain strikes my stomach as I'm dragged over a rock. "I have to get up" I realize, just as I get dragged over another rock. I tried to plant my feet in the ground as I push up with my shackled hands, but fall. I tried again... and fell. It took a few more tries before I could finally stand up and start walking, but the trip was a little easier on foot. Standing up, I could see things I couldn't see before. Some were interesting like how the tree's branches covered the sky from view or how all the grass was dead, and some were disturbing like how there were faces with looks of terror on the tree's trunks or how the branches looked like arms reaching towards me. "Hopefully they aren't real" I think, and out of the corner of my eye it looked like a branch moved, encouraging me to walk a little faster to catch up to Peter.

It felt like days ago since we had entered the forest, but the lighting didn't change at all. Not sure if it was a trick, I continued walking. Peter still hasn't said a word since we've started on the trip, and I hope it remains that way. That creep has done enough to scare me to the brink of insanity. Thankfully, he had stopped humming that terrifying tune a few hours ago. This has been the longest I've ever walked, and I had a feeling that I would feel the punishment for it later. Without warning, Peter stopped. Here we are, he said, seeming very excited. He waved his hand, and my shackles fell off. As if reading my thoughts, which was entirely possible, he says, Don't run now, I'm just starting to have fun. Suddenly, a tree stump behind him started to take shape. Without realizing it, my foot took a step towards the stump. As expected, I was again in Peter's control. For the hundredth time since my abduction, I started to cry. "PLEASE NO!" I screamed, my echo continuing in the silence for miles. I took another step, and another, and another towards the unknown. "WHAT EVER YOU'RE DOING PLEASE STOP!!!" I plead. Where's the fun in that? Peter says. Another step, then another, and soon I was on top of the stump screaming for help. I hope you're ready to be my slave, he says. Underneath my feet, the stump starts to grow, fazing through my toes like water. I tried to move my feet but they were stuck in the growing stump. "HELP!!! " I cried, but nobody answered. Then, as if the stars aligned, Peter screamed out in pain. "Here's my chance!" I think, trying to take a step. For some reason, the stump was no longer trapping me. It still showed some resistance, but I quickly waded through it, not wanting to waste the time I had. Peter was still screaming in pain, but I was no longer afraid. Peter could try and get me, but I would resist and escape again. Not looking back, I ran into the forest. Free... for now.